Berry Plastics Group Inc. is making a big acquisition outside its core plastics packaging business — and one big enough to vault the company into the Fortune 500. Read more
- Delphi buys electrical system specialist HellermannTyton
- Composite deck sales improving as they stand the test of time
- IQMS pays company founders $38.6 million
- Pet products maker to open first US manufacturing site
- Milacron returns to PET preform molding with M-PET
- Osterman forms JV in Mexico
After Braskem's chairman was indicted, the Brazilian company is looking to make changes, Dow Chemical Co. reports earnings and an acetal resin maker...
Amidst the growing complexity of automobile electrical and electronic systems, Delphi Automotive plc will boost that part of its business and expand...
- China's YFS investing in $27 million in Detroit
- Glass microspheres lighten up the 2016 Corvette
- Chinese auto supplier plans $100 million expansion into Mexico
What Keeps You Up At Night?
“This business is not at all about me. I'm a very small player in this business. It's all about our team,” says GW Plastics Inc. CEO...
Berry Plastics Group Inc. is making a big acquisition outside its core plastics packaging business — and one big enough to vault the company...
- Parker Hannifin consolidating divisions, closing two plants
- Growth at GW keeps pace with speedy CEO
- US contact lens maker growing in Hungary
Film & Sheet
RKW Danafilms, part of Frankenthal, Germany-based RKW SE, has changed its name effective July 15 to RKW North America.
- Houston geomembrane maker invests in more capacity
- Bag makers brace for the start of Chicago's bag ban
- Infiana Group adds extruder in Malvern, Pa.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Brussels, Belgium-headquartered chemicals giant Solvay SA has announced plans to buy U.S. composite materials firm Cytec Industries Inc. in a $5.5...
- Gerresheimer expands in US with purchase of Centor
- News Analysis: Chasing profits, JCI jumps out of seats
- Ampac Holdings to merge with Prolamina
Milacron LLC is back in PET preforms, with the new M-PET injection molding machine.
- Unifi selects equipment suppliers for North Carolina recycling plant
- KraussMaffei, Rehau project focuses on hydrogen fuel cell tanks
- Husky names Gerardo Chiaia president of global beverage packaging
The Plastics Blog
Today we publish our ranking of 211 pipe, profile and tubing extruders. According to the companies that responded to our survey, those who reported...
- Your top stories of the first half of 2015
- Plastics News looking for the Rising Stars under 35
- Browse the latest news on PlasticsNews.com, registration-free
Plastics News Now
Michigan man makes molding guitar picks a second career, a 3-D printer is producing replicas in New York City and plastics workers in China are...
European Bioplastics, a trade group that represents the bioplastics industry, has welcomed new French laws created to support bio-based, compostable...
- P&G to use more recycled plastic
- Charter NEX adding more space and film lines
- Bemis Co. Inc. buying rigid packaging operations in Brazil
Tekmart International Inc. has purchased the excess injection molding assets of a Foxconn facility located in Komaron, Hungary, and plans to auction...
- Conn.-based molder Seitz invests in equipment, lean manufacturing
- Barnes buys Thermoplay, adding to hot runner empire
- Obituary: Lehigh Valley Plastics' David Keim
Flambeau Inc. has asked a federal judge to dismiss the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's lawsuit over the company's use of health risk...
- Blow molder Parker Plastics expands to Nevada
- Milacron responds to patent suit over lightweight milk jugs
- New RPC Promens facility to boost training
Resin distributor Osterman & Co. Inc. has formed a joint venture company with Industrial Mafra SA de CV, a distributor of polyethylene resin.
- LyondellBasell reports profit gain, sales drop
- BASF China reports emission reduction
- Emerald Kalama Chemical to expand facility
Kathy Xuan started her plastics recycling career in 1996 when she sent a first batch of 18 containers of plastics scrap from Chicago to Shanghai. Now ...
- Research shows how UV light degrades recycled PET
- German equity group Aurelius buys second UK recycler
- Study: To improve recycling, don't crush containers
More Events > Upcoming Events
Berry leaps into medical with Avintiv acquisition
NEWS Friday, July 31
Vinyl siding gets a makeover to remain top choice in cladding
NEWS Thursday, July 30
Plastics News Now: 3-D printer takes selfies to a whole new level
MULTIMEDIA01 Thursday, July 30
Bag makers brace for the start of Chicago's bag ban
NEWS Thursday, July 30
Formosa Plastics responds to group bribery scandal
NEWS Wednesday, July 29