The Klear Can, Milacron Holdings Corp.'s see-through plastic container aimed at the massive “tin can” market, is poised for a commercialization on grocery store shelves — as Del Monte Foods Inc. is in final talks for the technology. Read more
- ExxonMobil cuts PP prices in US
- Millennials' taste has an impact on food packaging trends
- At DeKalb Molded Plastics, Walters focuses on team atmosphere
- Germany's business tradition of Mittlestand celebrates family ownership
- Superior Composites adding production, R&D capabilities
- Polymer Logistics opening distribution centers in Georgia and Illinois
Announcing new speakers and topics: Bryan Forrest, from John Deere, will be a panelist talking about “Purchasing and Supply Chain Challenges.” John Biagioni, from Dynisco, will be speaking about “Embracing Total Cost of Ownership in Investment Decisions.”Learn more
Three firms are building a massive facility in Texas aimed at exporting resin to Asia, carpet recyclers talk about the plastics market and a former...
Lakeside Plastics Ltd. has embarked on a C$12.8 million (US$9.9) project that will create 55 jobs over four years and retain about 304 positions.
- Ford looks to turn captured CO2 into car parts
- Röchling building new technology center in Germany
- Nissan loses, GM gains supplier favor
What Keeps You Up At Night?
Rick Walters discusses why DeKalb Molded Plastics keeps an open book for its employees, and what keeps him up at night.
When Rick Walters became president of DeKalb Molded Plastics Co., he changed his attitude from hard-changing executive to that of someone who would...
- Mack pushes long-term happy customers over short-term profits
- Silicone reshaping wearable medical devices
- Obituary: Placon founder Tom Mohs
Film & Sheet
The Netherlands-based Oerlemans Packaging Group has announced that it acquired fellow Dutch company Flexpak at the beginning of May.
- Island Plastic Bags uses family touch to beat competition
- Field Lining Systems says family members make great employees
- From burlaps sacks in 1889 to plastic packaging today
Mergers & Acquisitions
Axiall officials have asked Westlake to submit a revised proposal or to reaffirm its current proposal by June 3. Westlake officials said in the...
- Ravago continues growth strategy with TH Hilson, Campi y Jove
- Ichor adds Ajax in vertical integration acquisition
- Dow being courted to move jobs out of Michigan
Fast forward to May 19 and KraussMaffei Corp. drew about 400 attendees to the company's open house in Florence to celebrate its 50th anniversary in...
- As Wittmann grows, it remains nimble
- Family members have 'complete trust' in one another at machine company
- Macro, Raven combine for specialty film production
The Plastics Blog
Samuel Kenig, dean of engineering and head of graduate studies in plastics engineering at Shenkar College in Israel, received the International Award,...
- Many roads to success for family-owned companies
- Social media should be a fun tool for plastics brands, employees
- A peek behind the data in our 2016 recyclers ranking
Plastics News Now
Plastics News Now: Plastic locker maker donates product, awards scholarships to promote anti-bullying
Scranton Products awards lockers and scholarship money, Plastic Man turns 75 years old and Placon mourns the loss of its founder as the company...
Sidel, the French-headquartered PET bottle maker has produced what is claimed to be the world's lightest 900 milliliter PET bottle for edible oil.
- Rathbuns discuss family business over dinner
- Family guidance helps Crayex grow
- Hot-fill container from Graham Packaging wins top packaging award
The Klear Can, Milacron Holdings Corp.'s see-through plastic container aimed at the massive “tin can” market, is poised for a...
- 3-D printing: The hype is shrinking, but the market is still growing
- Quantum upgrades production in Iowa
- From the dinner table to the plant floor
“We manage as a family to have dinner at least once a month with the kids. We do not discuss business,” says Poly-Tainer founder Paul...
- R&D Molders got its start making Army canteens
- Castel ownership combines experience and technology
- Petainer gets more private equity backing
In a surprise move, ExxonMobil Chemical Co. has announced that it will reduce U.S. polypropylene resin prices by as much as 5 cents per pound in June.
- Investors eye new business for former Wellman PET fiber site
- Teknor likes to connect with other family-owned businesses
- Shuman family sees all upside in family ownership
China is a magnet for recycled materials worldwide, and that's not a fact lost elsewhere in Asia, including in Pakistan.
- RKW adding capacity, jobs in Germany
- Holmes sees 'mental shift' in plastics recycling industry
- Minnesota building materials company plans new manufacturing plant
More Events > Upcoming Events
Material Insights: Three companies team up to export resin to Asia
MULTIMEDIA01 Monday, May 23
Axiall requests revised proposal in Westlake's buyout bid
NEWS Monday, May 23
JM Eagle pipe offer in limbo
NEWS Friday, May 20
Ford looks to turn captured CO2 into car parts
NEWS Monday, May 23
KraussMaffei open house marks 50 years in the US
NEWS Monday, May 23