Materials suppliers in Asia talk about how their firms are adjusting from the high volume growth in China during the past years to a slower growing, more mature market today in this week's Materials Insights. Read more
- Trade group: Scrap recycling creates jobs
- Haitian to triple production capacity in Germany
- Q&A: DuPont investing to respond to market needs
- VDMA says China elevates energy efficiency
- New plan to assess flame retardants unveiled
- Taiwanese press maker FCS setting up medical equipment joint venture
Bridging the Financial World with the Plastics Universe. Plastics News’ 2nd Annual Plastics Financial Summit:
Materials suppliers in Asia talk about how their firms are adjusting from the high volume growth in China during the past years to a slower growing,...
Global auto interiors supplier Grupo Antolín is building a fifth plant in Mexico to allow it to satisfy an important contract secured with Audi to...
- Plasman purchase of Thermotech adds to footprint, parts expertise
- Röchling Automotive expects long-term growth in China
- JyTech adding TPV compounding line
What Keeps You Up At Night?
Mark Miller, president and CEO of Cascade Engineering in Grand Rapids, Mich., discusses finding the right managers and interesting employment...
GUANGZHOU, CHINA — Taiwanese injection molding machine manufacturer Fu Chun Shin Machinery Manufacture Co. Ltd. (FCS) is setting up a joint...
- Danaher to buy filtration specialist Pall Corp.
- California molder Trademark Plastics adding a plant in Mexico
- Isopure invests $5.3 million in Kentucky
Film & Sheet
Elite Extrusion Technology doesn't want to be the typical supplier of polyethylene films.
- DK Plastics nearly doubles capacity with new line
- Muller focuses on the 'right' film, not just the lightest film
- Bobst acquires majority stake in Italy's Nuova Gidue
Mergers & Acquisitions
Japan Steel Works Ltd. has purchased 80 percent of the shares of South Korean compounding extruder maker SM Platek Co. Ltd., and made SMP a...
- Private equity firm invests in Allied Aerofoam
- Dura-Line expands in India as part of global growth plan
- Asahi Kasei, 3M buying Polypore International units
ABB Robotics opened its first manufacturing plant in the U.S. at a facility in Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Weak euro boosts Arburg sales in China
- Wintec, automation help Engel compete in China
- Brazilian currency devaluation benefits plastic machinery exports
The Plastics Blog
I know the stereotype about executives and managers in the North American plastics industry. It's a big white men's club.
- A peek behind Plastics News' 2015 plastics recyclers ranking
- Despite some bad press, plastics recycling is still viable
- Emerging trends in thermoforming
Plastics News Now
The German trade association VDMA talks energy efficiency and a major joint venture was announced during the second full day of Chinaplas.
DuPont Co. officials know that economic growth is slowing in China. The materials supplier came to Chinaplas with a strategy for maintaining growth...
- Hybrid container takes top prize in DuPont packaging awards
- Packaging sector setting the pace in 2015
- KapStone Paper buying Victory Packaging
German coffee maker Melitta Group plans to close its Cofresco flexible packaging operation in Minden, Germany and switch the household film, foil and ...
- Prism Plastics investing $3.5 million in Michigan, Texas
- Miller helps nurture unique corporate culture at Cascade Engineering
- KraussMaffei reports dramatic growth in China
After 30 years of making extrusion blow molding machines, Techne Graham is rounding out its product offering with a new leak tester and an integrated ...
- Agua Costa Rica turns water bottles into roof tiles
- Geiger Automotive opening molding plant in Georgia
- Milacron bets big on India
DuPont Performance Polymers Asia Pacific Regional Business Director Colleen Pritchett sat down with Plastics News last week at the Chinaplas show in...
- New plan to assess flame retardants unveiled
- DSM and China's NHU form PPS joint venture
- PolyOne picks Altice to lead DSS sheet unit
Recycling of scrap, including plastics, is a big provider of jobs in the United States, according to a new study from a major scrap trade group.
- Sustainability pledges help push recycling forward even as prices dip
- Recyclers expect more China 'green fence' actions
- Foam Recycling Coalition funds foam recycling program
More Events > Upcoming Events
Boeing's 787 bet finally paying off
NEWS 375 Friday, May 22
Plasman purchase of Thermotech adds to footprint, parts expertise
NEWS 344 Friday, May 22
DSM and China's NHU form PPS joint venture
NEWS 258 Thursday, May 21
DSM, Ascend strike deal to leverage strengths
NEWS 231 Wednesday, May 20
PolyOne picks Altice to lead DSS sheet unit
NEWS 229 Wednesday, May 20