Stock prices for U.S.-based materials firms are recovering from Brexit-induced pain — but at a slower rate than that of the overall market. Read more
Celebrate 4th of July with this red, white and blue offer from Plastics News. Subscribe today for just $20.16 for 3 months - that's 80% off the cover price!Learn more
Materials leaders react to the U.K. vote to leave the European Union, Braskem discusses projects in U.S. and Mexico, and F&D Plastics is expanding.
Cerberus Capital Management LP has boosted its stake in plastic automotive components by acquiring ABC Group Inc.
- Huaxiang buys stakes in JVs with Grupo Antolin, settles dispute
- Spanish auto supplier Ficosa secures $500 million in new business for North America
- UK car sales 'could slump 25 percent after Brexit vote'
What Keeps You Up At Night?
Owner and CEO of Don Dumoulin of Precise Mold & Plate discusses his plan to recruit and train younger workers, and what keeps him up at night.
Phillips-Medisize Corp. is extending its manufacturing capabilities to the northeastern United States, acquiring Injectronics Inc., which has two...
- Davies to use new status as woman-owned business to seek more work
- Hogan helps reduce waste, push vendor concentration at Nelipak
- Trelleborg to acquire Specialty Silicone
Film & Sheet
“Snackification” of America is presenting opportunities for flexible packaging, a packaging official at one of the nation's largest food...
- Paradise honored for contributions to sheet sector
- OpenGate Capital to acquire Alfatherm
- Next Generation adding new plant, more multi-layer film lines
Mergers & Acquisitions
Germany's Rampf Holding GmbH & Co. KG has bought U.S.-based Innovative Polymers Inc., which makes polyurethanes for tooling and modeling applications.
- A. Schulman sues former Citadel owners; says it still sees benefits from acquisition
- Dow cutting 2,500 jobs in Dow Corning integration
- A. Schulman sues former Citadel owners claiming 'fraudulent business practices'
China's Yizumi Precision Machinery Co. Ltd. is setting up a facility to make high precision molds and machine components, in a bid to boost its...
- Speaker stresses importance of burner maintenance
- Pulverizer handles tough materials
- Sacmi Imola makes major shipment to Asia
The Plastics Blog
I'm starting to feel like the grouchy guy who yells at neighbor kids to get off his lawn. Except in my case, I'm yelling at people who suggest half-...
- Looking for Rising Stars, Women who Break the Mold
- Small injection molders report healthy growth
- Who are the big winners in the North American injection molding sector?
Plastics News Now
An Iowa molder looks for disadvantaged job candidates, a new conference brings designers and engineers together, and Prism Plastics acquires Tech...
Layoffs are expected to begin next month as plastic packaging maker Hedwin moves toward closure of its Baltimore plant.
- PN to honor innovation in caps and closures
- UK Brexit sparks market uncertainty for food companies
- Sanner launches new 'senior-friendly' packaging closures
Metro Plastics Technologies Inc. is investing $6 million to build a new 72,000-square-foot headquarters factory in its hometown of Noblesville, Ind.
- Pennsylvania molder moving into engineering resins
- Mayhew Steel buys Massachusetts injection molder
- Know your data before an M&A
A New York blow molding company continues to grow and is creating enough space to accommodate even more expansion in the future.
- Plastic Omnium launches tanks for hybrid vehicles
- Blow molder Roth expands NY factory; seeks growth beyond housing market
- Pioneer in custom PET looks back on 40 years
Chemical molding release agent producer Chem-Trend LP is expanding its Maisach, Germany, operation for better integration with sister companies.
- Obituary: Resin distribution executive Jim Gerolium
- Private investment firm takes a big stake in Nexeo Solutions
- Metabolix 'exploring strategic alternatives' including possible sale
Plastic packaging recycling in Canada is up 3 percent, according to a new report from the Canadian Plastics Industry Association.
- California recycling rate drops below 50 percent
- Closing the loop in India
- Loan will help Memphis switch to single-stream recycling
More Events > Upcoming Events
A. Schulman sues former Citadel owners claiming 'fraudulent business practices'
NEWS Wednesday, June 29
UK plastics firms merger creates Omega Group
NEWS Monday, November 23
Plastics News Now: Iowa molder honored for hiring program
MULTIMEDIA01 Thursday, June 30
We need to find real solutions
BLOG01 Thursday, June 30
Obituary: Stanley Gault, former Rubbermaid CEO
NEWS Thursday, June 30