Lawmakers from both parties push to ban microbeads nationwide. Read more
- Berry Plastics gets boost in revenue
- Sigma Plastics acquires film and bag competitor
- Japanese-owned auto supplier to open Indiana manufacturing facility
- India's plastics industry wants higher tariffs
- Rotomolder makes its name with 'practical premium products'
- Worker dies in accident at injection molding plant
Plastics Newsí 2nd Annual Plastics Financial Summit: The Pursuit of Profitability in a Challenging Economy
One new joint venture makes plans to take advantage of shale gas in the U.S. Appalachian region while another JV may drop out. Plus there are new...
Japanese-owned automotive supplier D.A. Inc. will open a new manufacturing facility in Indiana's River Ridge Commerce Center, part of the greater...
- US Farathane to open Missouri plant
- Helmet maker's Detroit move means more work for Sturgis Molded Products
- Mexico's Katcon moving into advanced materials with German support
What Keeps You Up At Night?
Lori Schaefer-Weaton, president of Agri-Industrial Plastics Co. in Fairfield, Iowa, talks about closing the skills gap and what keeps her up at night.
- Couple starting Tech-Plas, new molding company located in Michigan
- Medical equipment market growth slows
- Coloplast doubles size of Hungarian medical products plant
Film & Sheet
A consortium of environmental groups is taking another run at Kraft Foods Group Inc. in an effort to make the food and beverage company take more...
- EU to reduce plastic bag use
- Bemis Co. Inc. improves margins, productivity
- PE balloon shows its value by staying aloft 31 days (and counting)
Mergers & Acquisitions
Ferro Corp. has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Barcelona-based Nubiola Pigmentos, the company announced Wednesday, April 29.
- Private equity-backed management team creates UK's biggest EPS firm
- Resin price drop, U.S. acquisition bumps up Pret's financials
- Arsenal Capital selling Royal Adhesives and Sealants
India's plastics industry is asking the government to raise import duties on a range of plastic products, arguing that it needs protection from...
- Wittmann, Illig among machinery firms boosting investments in India
- Italy's Crizaf opening US site
- Milacron bets big on India
The Plastics Blog
This is one of those stories that make you feel better about humanity. Some days we need stories like that.
- Canada offering help to small manufacturers
- Cool dad breaks Hot Wheels record
- Molding company founder and art collector makes headlines in Chicago
Plastics News Now
Ford Motor Co. uses plastic tracks to make world record Hot Wheels run, Fiat Chrysler uses 3-D printed part to test efficiency and a housing project...
Sigma Plastics Group is acquiring Tara Plastics Corp. of Forrest Park, Ga.
- Berry Plastics gets boost in revenue
- Silgan signs long-term contracts to make long-term business plans
- P&G official talks recycling, sustainability and zero waste goals
With the addition of over $1.5 million in new equipment, Davies Molding LLC is not only updating its production capabilities but adding more capacity ...
- Jaguar Land Rover to begin using MuCell across its product line
- Robots, injection molding machines create leads for Wittmann Battenfeld
- Haitian builds system for Renault's new China auto assembly plant
Blow molding machinery maker Bekum Maschinenfabriken GmbH has announced it received court approval for the reorganization plan it proposed in...
- Schaefer-Weaton focuses on recruiting, training talent
- Sidel, BMS reach agreement on spindle patent case
- Greif special committee to study 'transformation initiative'
No injuries have been reported from a fire that broke out April 29 at a compounding plant operated by Teknor Apex Co. in Oldbury, England.
- PP prices drop again as PS climbs
- Braskem may add US PP capacity
- Interim no more, Karran named CEO of Nova Chemicals
Plastics-to-oil technologies should not be considered a competition to traditional plastic recycling, according to people who make a living in that...
- Hong Kong recycler builds gate in China's 'Green Fence'
- NPE sets record for plastics recycling
- England's CK Services rolls out stacked, wheeled recycling bins