Medical injection molder Phillips-Medisize Corp. opened a new design and development center in China this week, rapidly expanding the company's Asia presence and its ability to serve China's growing drug delivery device market. Read more
Materials suppliers in Asia talk about how their firms are adjusting from the high volume growth in China during the past years to a slower growing,...
Gaudlitz GmbH, a German injection molding known mostly for its work as a Tier 2 auto supplier, is actively looking to enter the medical plastics...
- Antolin adds fifth Mexican plant to meet key Audi contract
- Plasman purchase of Thermotech adds to footprint, parts expertise
- Röchling Automotive expects long-term growth in China
What Keeps You Up At Night?
Mark Miller, president and CEO of Cascade Engineering in Grand Rapids, Mich., discusses finding the right managers and interesting employment...
Medical injection molder Phillips-Medisize Corp. opened a new design and development center in China this week, rapidly expanding the company's Asia...
- Taiwanese press maker FCS setting up medical equipment joint venture
- Danaher to buy filtration specialist Pall Corp.
- California molder Trademark Plastics adding a plant in Mexico
Film & Sheet
Cosmo Films Ltd. has a new president of its U.S. operations and has been investing in its U.S. production facilities, the company said.
- Elite Extrusion out to reduce lead time
- DK Plastics nearly doubles capacity with new line
- Muller focuses on the 'right' film, not just the lightest film
Mergers & Acquisitions
Japan Steel Works Ltd. has purchased 80 percent of the shares of South Korean compounding extruder maker SM Platek Co. Ltd., and made SMP a...
- Bobst acquires majority stake in Italy's Nuova Gidue
- Private equity firm invests in Allied Aerofoam
- Dura-Line expands in India as part of global growth plan
ABB Robotics opened its first manufacturing plant in the U.S. at a facility in Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Weak euro boosts Arburg sales in China
- Wintec, automation help Engel compete in China
- Brazilian currency devaluation benefits plastic machinery exports
The Plastics Blog
I know the stereotype about executives and managers in the North American plastics industry. It's a big white men's club.
- A peek behind Plastics News' 2015 plastics recyclers ranking
- Despite some bad press, plastics recycling is still viable
- Emerging trends in thermoforming
Plastics News Now
The German trade association VDMA talks energy efficiency and a major joint venture was announced during the second full day of Chinaplas.
DuPont Co. officials know that economic growth is slowing in China. The materials supplier came to Chinaplas with a strategy for maintaining growth...
- Hybrid container takes top prize in DuPont packaging awards
- Packaging sector setting the pace in 2015
- KapStone Paper buying Victory Packaging
German coffee maker Melitta Group plans to close its Cofresco flexible packaging operation in Minden, Germany and switch the household film, foil and ...
- Prism Plastics investing $3.5 million in Michigan, Texas
- Miller helps nurture unique corporate culture at Cascade Engineering
- KraussMaffei reports dramatic growth in China
After 30 years of making extrusion blow molding machines, Techne Graham is rounding out its product offering with a new leak tester and an integrated ...
- Agua Costa Rica turns water bottles into roof tiles
- Geiger Automotive opening molding plant in Georgia
- Milacron bets big on India
Riken Elastomers Corp. will send $22 million on an expansion that will create 27 new jobs at its Kentucky location.
- European alliance calls for 'long-term vision' to solve polymer shortages
- Q&A: DuPont investing to respond to market needs
- New plan to assess flame retardants unveiled
Recycling of scrap, including plastics, is a big provider of jobs in the United States, according to a new study from a major scrap trade group.
- Sustainability pledges help push recycling forward even as prices dip
- Recyclers expect more China 'green fence' actions
- Foam Recycling Coalition funds foam recycling program
More Events > Upcoming Events
Residential construction is back to slow-recovery mode
NEWS 773 Wednesday, May 27
Haitian to triple production capacity in Germany
NEWS 728 Tuesday, May 26
Q&A: DuPont investing to respond to market needs
NEWS 550 Tuesday, May 26
Trade group: Scrap recycling creates jobs
NEWS 441 Tuesday, May 26
New plan to assess flame retardants unveiled
NEWS 422 Tuesday, May 26