This report highlights the impact of shale-based natural gas on the North American plastics market and features an in-depth analysis of production trends in the United States during 2012 and a forecast for 2013 and beyond.
The report uses charts and graphs to provide insight into key market indicators, including:
- Resin prices
- Resin production
- Resin exports
- U.S. shale gas production and reserves
This report also includes a discussion of resin exporting opportunities and potential threats.
In addition, we review 10 leading resin producers, assessing their growth strategies and business activity. Profiled producers include:
- Braskem Idesa SA
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.
- Dow Chemical Co.
- ExxonMobil Corp.
- Formosa Plastics Corp USA
- LyondellBasell Industries
- Nova Chemicals Inc.
- Shell Chemicals LP
- Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA
- Westlake Chemical Corp.
Our experts also offer perspectives from industry thought leaders regarding their views on key industry trends, including the impact new polyethylene capacity from shale gas will have on the North American resin market. These Q&A interviews include:
- Robert Bauman, Owner and President, Polymer Consulting International Inc.
- Chris Bezaire, Senior Vice President, Nova Chemicals
- Jim Bob Carpenter, Senior Vice President, Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
- Phil Karig, Managing Director, Mathelin Bay Associates
- Jim Morris, COO, Heritage Bag Co.
- Jeff Taylor, VP – Polyethylene, Westlake Chemical Corp.