Last week I shared some information with readers courtesy of our 2013 ranking of the top 100 North American Injection Molders. Now that we've published our complete ranking with information on an additional 460 companies, let's take another peek behind the data:
Last week's post ["A peek behind our top 100 North American injection molders"] noted that the top 100 companies in our ranking represent over $29 billion in sales. That accounts for roughly 80 percent of the total North American molding sales that we rank.
This week’s 460 smaller firms show an average sales per-company increase of 8.4 percent over the previous fiscal year. We welcomed these companies to the 2013 ranking:
- Tasus Corp. of Bloomington, Ind.
- MMI Engineered Solutions of Saline, Mich.
- Bhar Inc. of Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Cepheid of Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Matchless Plastics Inc. of Plymouth, Minn.
- Charloma Inc. of Cherryvale, Kan.
- DCT Manufacturing of Forest City, N.C.
We also welcome back B&P Plastics, dba Advance Plastics, to the ranking.
Some of the companies that reported big gains, moving up 50 positions or more, include:
- Reliant Worldwide Plastics LLC of Gainesville, Texas, which moved up 122 spaces to rank at No. 117
- Global Plastics Inc. of Indianapolis moved up 98 spaces to rank at 175
- Plastic Design & Manufacturing of Manhattan, Mont. moved up 96 spaces to rank at 402
- Hope Industries Inc. of Madisonville, Tenn. moved up 84 spaces to rank at 388
- Automation Plastics Corp. of Aurora, Ohio, moved up 84 spaces to rank at 279
- Commercial Plastics Co. of Mundelein, Ill., moved up 82 spaces to rank at 150
- MVA Stratford Inc. of Stratford, Ontario, moved up 78 spaces to rank at 271
- Blue Ridge Industries Inc. of Winchester, Va., moved up 73 spaces to rank at 316
- Xten Industries LLC of Kenosha, WI moved up 70 spaces to rank at 121
- Ana Global LLC of San Diego, Calif., moved up 64 spaces to rank at 105
- Hilco Technologies of Grand Rapids, Mich., moved up 64 spaces to rank at 189
- Intertech Plastics Inc. of Denver moved up 61 spaces to rank at 132
- Ayanna Plastics & Engineering Inc. of Clearwater, Fla., moved up 58 spaces to rank at 412
- Sinclair & Rush Inc. of Arnold, Mo., moved up 58 spaces to rank at 382
- Pikes Peak Plastics Inc. of Colorado Springs, Colo., moved up 52 spaces to rank at 388
- Illinois Valley Plastics Inc. of Washington, Ill., moved up 52 spaces to rank at 259
- Boardman Molded Products Inc. of Youngstown, Ohio, moved up 51 spaces to rank at 181
- Grand Rapids Plastics of Grand Rapids, Mich., moved up 50 spaces to rank at 176
Want more information? In addition to what we publish, we also offer the full rankings data for sale in the Plastics News Store. The Injection molders ranking -- and all our rankings & lists -- include full ranking data, with downloads including address information for plant locations.
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just sent a note to Hollee Keller at email@example.com or mail your information to Plastics News, 1725 Merriman Road, Akron, Ohio 44313.
Thanks to Hollee Keller for today's peek behind the data -- and to both Lisa Pyles and Hollee Keller for their research on this year's project.
Recent Blog PostsNew registration process for plasticsnews.com (Psst: It's still free)
Astronauts, 3-D printing and hoverboards? Sounds good
A look at the fastest-growing companies in our blow molders' ranking
Arburg's Heinz Gaub talks about plastics and additive manufacturing
What's more controversial, legalizing pot or criminalizing plastic bags?
Teknor Apex working to keep talented young workers in Rhode Island