This report highlights various workforce-related strategies and features in-depth analysis of manufacturing labor trends in the western United States, including performance in 2012 and a forecast for 2013 and beyond.
Our analysts provide insight into trends that impact labor growth in the region, including:
- Recruiting & retention
- Social media as a recruiting tool
- Training & education
- The manufacturing skills gap
- Military veterans as a talent pool
- Managing Gen Y workers
- Women in manufacturing
- California employment law requirements
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act
Various directories provide details on:
- Colleges and universities that offer plastics- and manufacturing-relevant programs
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership offices
- Resources that offer potential sources of funding/guidance, including information on hiring, training, internships and apprenticeships
The directory includes federal, state and local agencies located in western states.
The report also offers a perspective from Allison Grealis, program director, Women in Manufacturing, regarding women in manufacturing.