Shin-Etsu Silicones of America will host an open house at its Liquid Injection Molding System Technical Center in Akron, Ohio, in advance of the ACS Rubber Division's International Rubber Expo & Advanced Materials in Health Care show.
The open house will be held Oct. 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The firm, a subsidiary of Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., said the purpose of the open house is to provide an integrated platform to showcase the new facility, under the direction of Craig Lustek, Shin-Etsu's LIMS process engineer.
The event will feature keynote technical presentations on LSR advancements from Shin-Etsu Silicones and others.
Among the speakers scheduled to give presentations are:
- Eric Bishop, North America marketing manager, Shin-Etsu Silicones of America. "Liquid silicone rubber properties, applications and innovations";
- Karen Schwalbach, industry senior specialist, GSDI, "Troubleshooting the most common issues associated with adding color to your new LSR project";
- Marko Koellmer, area manager, sales and engineering, Arburg Inc. USA, "Multi-component silicone molding, employing integrated robotics for automatic parts retrieval";
- Ryan Cutler, technical sales/operations manager, Elmet North America Inc., "Technical developments in fully automatic LSR molds and dosing systems";
- Matt Bont, senior project engineer, Albright Technologies, Inc., "Alternative methods of prototyping liquid silicone parts: advantages, disadvantages and application of each method"; and
- Matt Proske, vice president, Sigma Plastic Services, Inc., "Critical aspects of quality manufacturing for LIMS, evaluating material behavior, part and mold design, and injection process before building the mold."
A LIMS demonstration featuring equipment and materials from presenting suppliers also is on the agenda. There is no cost to attend and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
RSVP to Eric Bishop by Sept. 16 at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at 330-697-2610.