Today Plastics News published its annual ranking of North American rotational molders. Here are some interesting facts about the rotomolding sector:
This year we’re ranking 122 firms, with rotational molding sales of $2.138 billion. That’s down from 125 companies ranked last year. However, 2012 sales are up 5 percent from 2011. In 2011, rotational molding sales were $2.0225 billion. The increase is interesting as there are no new companies to our ranking this year.
We did, however, in our research, find that companies were buying more machines this year. Some 20 of our ranked companies increased their number of machines in 2012.
We would like to welcome back Ameri-Kart Corp. of Bristol, Ind., to our Top 10. Here’s a list of some of the faster growing companies in this year’s ranking.
- Hastings Equity Manufacturing Co. of Hastings, Neb., with estimated sales of $11 ranked at 37 moved up 53 spots from last year.
- Unifuse LLC of Staatsburg, N.Y. with no less than $5 in sales ranked at 70 moving up 31 spots from last year.
- Zeebest Plastics of Canada Inc. of Edmonton, Alberta, with sales of $3.9 ranked at 82 also moved up 31 spots from last year.
- Inca Molded Products Inc. of Nashville, Tenn., with sales of $8 ranked at 46 moved up 18 spots from last year.
- Seljan Co. Inc. of Lake Mills, Wis., with sales of $8 ranked at 46 moved up 14 spots from last year.
- Tennant Commercial of Holland, Mich., with sales of $7.7 ranked at 50 also moved up 14 spots from last year.
- Rotational Molding of Utah of Brigham City, Utah, with sales of $7.6 ranked at 51 moved up 12 spots from last year.
- Smak Plastics Inc. of Vancouver, Wash., with sales of $4.25 ranked at 75 also moved up 12 spots from last year.
- GVL Polymers Inc. of Litchfield, Minn., with sales of $3.6 ranked at 86 moved up 9 spots from last year.
- Plastic Professionals Inc. of Atlantic, Iowa, with sales of $8.4 ranked at 45 moved up 8 spots from last year.
Make sure to check out the full report in the August 26 print edition of Plastics News. We also sell our full ranking in the PN Store section of our website.
And thanks to Lisa Pyles, PN’s administrative editorial assistant, for this peek behind the rankings data.
Recent Blog PostsPlastic gets official for March Madness
SAE may change, but auto technology marches on
Plastics companies named manufacturing leaders
Let's take a look at the fastest growing thermoformers
Plastics, thermoforming and the 2015 Super Bowl