Today we publish our annual ranking of North American mold makers. Here's a look behind the numbers:
Our listing is 23 percent bigger this year, we've added 21 firms. The split between the number of companies that reported growth and those that said their sales were flat or down is about 50-50.
Overall, the average tooling sales per firm is down overall by about 7 percent. Of the 112 firms listed, 14 percent had lower sales, and 33 percent reported no growth.
But on the bright side, some 49 percent of the companies reported growth, with increases averaging 19 percent. Primarily that's the result of the booming North American automotive sector.
The median growth rate for this group was 14 percent.
Welcome to the ranking – These firms are listed for the first time:
- 2K Tool LLC of Wyoming , Mich.
- Aalbers Tool & Mold Inc. of Oldcastle, Ontario.
- AJR Polytron Inc. of Huntingdon, Pa.
- Armin Industries of South Elgin, Ill.
- Eclipse Mold Inc. of Clinton Township, Mich.
- Eifel Mold & Engineering of Fraser, Mich.
- Fidelity Tool and Mold Ltd. of Batavia, Ill.
- FSM Plasticoid Manufacturing Inc. of E. Windsor, Conn.
- Haidlmair LLC of Lake Geneva, Wis.
- International Mold Corp. of Clinton Township, Mich.
- Iowa Mold & Engineering Inc. of Belle Plaine, Iowa
- Knightsbridge Plastics Inc. of Fremont, Calif.
- Lorentson Manufacturing Co. Inc. of Kokomo, Ind.
- Master Tool & Mold Inc. of Grafton, Wis.
- Mold Vision Inc. of Lake Elsinore, Calif.
- Omega Tool Inc. of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Pro Turn Inc. of Cary, Ill.
- Pyramid Mold & Tool of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- Superior Tooling Inc. of Wake Forest, N.C.
- X-Cell Tool & Mold Inc. of Erie, Pa.
To be added to the list, you can download a survey form or contact Hollee Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Blog PostsLet's take a look at the fastest growing thermoformers
Plastics, thermoforming and the 2015 Super Bowl
Some great videos about the future of plastics, plus a serious complaint
Obama talks about composites and 3-D printing at Techmer PM