The Plastics Blog
By Don Loepp | About The Plastics Blog

Hello Michigan. I'm from Ohio, but don't hold that against me...

By Don Loepp | November 4, 2013 12:54 pm ET

For the first time since 1991, I'm in a new office. And despite what you may have heard, the good folks in Michigan can be pretty friendly to a transplant from the Buckeye state.

You may remember that we had announced back in August that Plastics News was planning a move from Akron, Ohio, to a new location, in our company's headquarters office in Detroit.

The process has been gradual since then — the show dailies we did at K 2013 in Germany had to come first. But now we're past that project and starting the next phase for Plastics News.

So I'm in the 313 area code now, after spending the last 22 years in Ohio. (Does that sound like a long time? There are a few people at Plastics News who have always been quick to remind me that I'm still a "rookie," since they started with the publication in 1989.)

As we've said before, Plastics News will continue to be a weekly print publication, in addition to offering conferences as well as multiple online and data products.

I know that's important to our readers — we're in an era where people get information through a variety of media. When I go to trade shows and conferences, I talk to plenty of people who like our weekly newspaper format. I like it too.

We also update the news on our web site every business day. Both the volume and quality of our online content are tops in our market.

We also have a growing audience for the good video reports that we've been doing for a number of years now. For a taste, make sure to check out the video reports we did from K 2013. We'll be doing even more video reporting from our new home office — that may be one of the first changes that our readers will notice.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Detroit-area companies first-hand, and, of course, keeping in touch with all of our other readers from around the world.

Recent Blog Posts

Here's a peek behind our 2014 film & sheet ranking   September 15, 2014 1:22 pm ET
Weighing in on top plastics personalities   September 8, 2014 5:12 pm ET
How's the media treating plastics these days?   August 27, 2014 10:49 am ET
A peek behind our 2014 ranking of rotational molders   August 25, 2014 2:00 pm ET
More reshoring success stories with Wal-Mart connections   August 21, 2014 6:11 pm ET
Small country introducing plastic coins   August 20, 2014 10:48 am ET

Comments

Hello Michigan. I'm from Ohio, but don't hold that against me...

By Don Loepp

Published: November 4, 2013 12:54 pm ET
Updated: November 4, 2013 1:31 pm ET

Post Your Comments

Back to story

Market Reports

Plastics Caps & Closures Market Report

The annual recap of top trends and future outlook for the plastics caps & closures market features interviews with industry thought leaders and Bill Wood’s economic forecast of trends in growing end markets. You will also gain insight on trends in caps design, materials, machinery, molds & tooling and reviews of mergers & acquisitions.

Learn more

Shale Gas Market - Analysis of North American Region

This report highlights the impact of shale-based natural gas on the North American plastics market and features an in-depth analysis of production trends in the United States during 2013 and a forecast for 2014 and beyond.

Learn more

Thermoformed Packaging 2014 Market Review & Outlook – North America

This in-depth report analyzes economic and market trends, legislative/regulatory activity impacting supply and demand, business opportunities and threats, materials pricing, manufacturing technology, as well as growth strategies being implemented by thermoformed packaging companies.

Learn more