The Plastics Blog
By Don Loepp | About The Plastics Blog

Hello Michigan. I'm from Ohio, but don't hold that against me...

By Don Loepp | November 4, 2013 12:54 pm ET
Keywords:

For the first time since 1991, I'm in a new office. And despite what you may have heard, the good folks in Michigan can be pretty friendly to a transplant from the Buckeye state.

You may remember that we had announced back in August that Plastics News was planning a move from Akron, Ohio, to a new location, in our company's headquarters office in Detroit.

The process has been gradual since then — the show dailies we did at K 2013 in Germany had to come first. But now we're past that project and starting the next phase for Plastics News.

So I'm in the 313 area code now, after spending the last 22 years in Ohio. (Does that sound like a long time? There are a few people at Plastics News who have always been quick to remind me that I'm still a "rookie," since they started with the publication in 1989.)

As we've said before, Plastics News will continue to be a weekly print publication, in addition to offering conferences as well as multiple online and data products.

I know that's important to our readers — we're in an era where people get information through a variety of media. When I go to trade shows and conferences, I talk to plenty of people who like our weekly newspaper format. I like it too.

We also update the news on our web site every business day. Both the volume and quality of our online content are tops in our market.

We also have a growing audience for the good video reports that we've been doing for a number of years now. For a taste, make sure to check out the video reports we did from K 2013. We'll be doing even more video reporting from our new home office — that may be one of the first changes that our readers will notice.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Detroit-area companies first-hand, and, of course, keeping in touch with all of our other readers from around the world.

Recent Blog Posts

Cool dad breaks Hot Wheels record   April 23, 2015 4:20 pm ET
Molding company founder and art collector makes headlines in Chicago   April 22, 2015 11:05 am ET
People who ditch single-use plastic bags eat more cookies   April 20, 2015 11:38 am ET
From space to Earth   April 8, 2015 11:31 am ET
Plastics recyclers suffering, PN pricing in the news   April 6, 2015 11:43 am ET
Plastic gets official for March Madness   March 19, 2015 10:47 am ET

Comments

Hello Michigan. I'm from Ohio, but don't hold that against me...

By Don Loepp

Published: November 4, 2013 12:54 pm ET
Updated: November 4, 2013 1:31 pm ET

Post Your Comments

Back to story

Market Reports

Plastics Recycling Trends in North America

This report is a review and analysis of the North American Plastics Recycling Industry, including key trends and statistics based on 2013 performance. We examine market environment factors, regulatory issues, industry challenges, key drivers and emerging trends in post-consumer and post-industrial recycling.

Learn more

Injection Molding Market Analysis & Processor Rankings

Plastics News BUNDLED package contains our in-depth Market Analysis of the Injection Molding segment. You will gain keen insight on current trends and our economic outlook.

As a BONUS this includes PN's updated 2014 database of North American Injection Molders RANKED by sales volume. Sort, merge, mail & prospect by end market, materials processed, region, # of plants and more.

Learn more

Plastics Caps & Closures Market Report

The annual recap of top trends and future outlook for the plastics caps & closures market features interviews with industry thought leaders and Bill Wood’s economic forecast of trends in growing end markets. You will also gain insight on trends in caps design, materials, machinery, molds & tooling and reviews of mergers & acquisitions.

Learn more

Upcoming Plastics News Events

June 2, 2015 - June 3, 2015Plastics Financial Summit - Chicago 2015

September 15, 2015 - September 17, 2015Plastics Caps & Closures - September 2015

More Events