The Plastics Blog
By Don Loepp | About The Plastics Blog

Hello Michigan. I'm from Ohio, but don't hold that against me...

By Don Loepp | November 4, 2013 12:54 pm ET

For the first time since 1991, I'm in a new office. And despite what you may have heard, the good folks in Michigan can be pretty friendly to a transplant from the Buckeye state.

You may remember that we had announced back in August that Plastics News was planning a move from Akron, Ohio, to a new location, in our company's headquarters office in Detroit.

The process has been gradual since then — the show dailies we did at K 2013 in Germany had to come first. But now we're past that project and starting the next phase for Plastics News.

So I'm in the 313 area code now, after spending the last 22 years in Ohio. (Does that sound like a long time? There are a few people at Plastics News who have always been quick to remind me that I'm still a "rookie," since they started with the publication in 1989.)

As we've said before, Plastics News will continue to be a weekly print publication, in addition to offering conferences as well as multiple online and data products.

I know that's important to our readers — we're in an era where people get information through a variety of media. When I go to trade shows and conferences, I talk to plenty of people who like our weekly newspaper format. I like it too.

We also update the news on our web site every business day. Both the volume and quality of our online content are tops in our market.

We also have a growing audience for the good video reports that we've been doing for a number of years now. For a taste, make sure to check out the video reports we did from K 2013. We'll be doing even more video reporting from our new home office — that may be one of the first changes that our readers will notice.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Detroit-area companies first-hand, and, of course, keeping in touch with all of our other readers from around the world.

Recent Blog Posts

Arburg's Heinz Gaub talks about plastics and additive manufacturing   October 23, 2014 9:26 am ET
What's more controversial, legalizing pot or criminalizing plastic bags?   October 22, 2014 9:53 am ET
Teknor Apex working to keep talented young workers in Rhode Island   October 15, 2014 6:00 am ET
Fakuma facts and figures   October 13, 2014 8:47 am ET
A look behind Plastics News' 2014 mold makers ranking   October 6, 2014 11:55 am ET
Canadian plastics officials help with shoreline cleanup   October 1, 2014 2:35 pm ET

Comments

Hello Michigan. I'm from Ohio, but don't hold that against me...

By Don Loepp

Published: November 4, 2013 12:54 pm ET
Updated: November 4, 2013 1:31 pm ET

Post Your Comments

Back to story

Market Reports

Plastics Recycling Trends in North America

This report is a review and analysis of the North American Plastics Recycling Industry, including key trends and statistics based on 2013 performance. We examine market environment factors, regulatory issues, industry challenges, key drivers and emerging trends in post-consumer and post-industrial recycling.

Learn more

Plastics in Mexico - State of the Industry Report

This report analyzes the $20 million dollar plastics industry in Mexico including sales of machinery & equipment, resins and finished products.

Our analysts provide insight on business trends, foreign investment, top end markets and plastics processing activity. The report also provides important data on exports, production, employment and value of plastics products manufactured.

Learn more

Plastics Caps & Closures Market Report

The annual recap of top trends and future outlook for the plastics caps & closures market features interviews with industry thought leaders and Bill Wood’s economic forecast of trends in growing end markets. You will also gain insight on trends in caps design, materials, machinery, molds & tooling and reviews of mergers & acquisitions.

Learn more

Upcoming Plastics News Events

January 14, 2015 - January 14, 2015Plastics in Automotive

February 4, 2015 - February 6, 2015Plastics News Executive Forum 2015

June 2, 2015 - June 3, 2015Plastics Financial Summit - Chicago 2015

September 16, 2015 - September 18, 2015Plastics Caps & Closures - September 2015

More Events