Today Plastics News published its annual ranking of North American blow molders. Here are some interesting facts about the blow molding sector:
This year 135 firms gave $17,984.07 million in North American blow molding sales. That’s an average of $133.22 million per company, up 3 percent from last year. Average sales per company broken out by Bottle vs. Industrial blow molding is $102.21 million and $31.01 million respectively, with industrial seeing the largest jump over last year at 11 percent.
The following are new companies to the top 100 this year:
• Precision Blow Molding Inc. of Anaheim, Calif.
• Scepter Manufacturing LLC of Miami, Okla.
• Sonoco Plastics, Blow Molding of Hartsville, S.C.
Here is a list of the top growing companies in our ranking this year:
• Prime Products Inc. of Schulenburg, Texas, up 20 positions to rank at 76 with sales of $12 million
• Pro-Gram Plastics Inc. of Geneva, Ohio, up 16 positions to rank at 84 with estimated sales of $10 million
• Dana Plastic Container Corp. of Carpentersville, Ill., up 14 positions to rank at 101 with sales of $7 million
• Exo-s of Sherbrooke, Quebec, up 14 positions to rank at 47 with sales of $30 million
• Falcon Plastics Inc. of Brookings, S.D., up 10 positions to rank at 130 with sales of $1.5 million
• Midland Manufacturing Co. Inc. of Monroe, Iowa, up 9 positions to rank at 106 with estimated sales of $6 million
• Richards Packaging Inc. of Mississauga, Ontario, up 8 positions to rank at 41 with estimated sales of $40 million
• Semco Plastic Co. Inc. of St. Louis, Mo., up 7 positions to rank at 67 with sales of $16 million
• Williamston Products Inc. of Williamston, Mich., up 7 positions to rank at 130 with estimated sales of $1.5 million.
Make sure to check out the full report in the Nov. 18 print edition of Plastics News. (You can also find a link to the rankings data in the Rankings & Lists section of our website, and we sell our full ranking in the PN store.)
And thanks to Hollee Keller, PN's editorial research coordinator, for this peek behind the rankings data.
Recent Blog PostsSmall country introducing plastic coins
Plastics company CEO speaks out on immigration reform
Toyota cutting its fabled 'andon' cord
Coal-to-olefins may not be an immediate threat
Who are the fastest growing pipe, profile and tubing extruders?
Finding the important economic indicators