The Resin Report is a new monthly editorial product that provides analysis of resin pricing trends and the impact of price fluctuations on compounders/ suppliers and processors.
Each report will contain analysis of resin prices for the current month, year-to-date, and a 10-year trend for same-time-previous-year including charts/tables that support analysis and graphs/images that illustrate trend lines.
Extended analysis will include crude oil and natural gas price tracking and supply/demand outlook and the potential impact on resin pricing, the impact of recycling rates/trends on virgin resin cost, as well as the impact of virgin resin price fluctuation on recycled resin.
Plastics News' Frank Esposito will analyze resin pricing by resin type within virgin and recycled resins, highlighting price fluctuations from the prior month.
The reports will be available through a paid subscription and individual sale starting early in 2014, but you can download the 32-page December report for free.
IN THIS REPORT
- Volatility hallmark of polypropylene price
- Commodity sales continue rebound
- Strong housing market pushes PVC prices up
- Polyethylene prices for 2013 up 14-16 cents per pound
- Polystyrene up on feedstock volatility
- Top export destinations 2007-2013
- Robert Bauman details shale's impact
- Chris Gick: ethylene expansion's impact on resin pricing uncertain