This 75-page report features in-depth analysis of the automotive industry for the Americas, including the United States, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. It includes discussions of market trends, legislative/regulatory activity impacting production, market opportunities and threats as well as design strategies being implemented by the major automakers.
Detailed charts and data tables outline North American automotive production over the last five years as well as recent production figures for Brazil and Argentina. A map plots the location of production facilities in North America. A directory lists key executives for the major automotive manufacturers.
Click here to buy the report with 13 charts and data tables in Excel format.
We review the 10 leading plastic processors in the automotive end market, assessing their financial performance, manufacturing outlook and production outlook. We also profile 11 leading OEMs with production in North America.
These processors are profiled:
• Johnson Controls Inc.
• International Automotive Components
• Faurecia SA
• Lear Corp.
• Magna International Inc.
• Delphi Automotive PLC
• Denso Corp.
• Toyota Boshoku Corp.
• Inteva Products LLC
• Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA
These OEMs are profiled:
• General Motors Co.
• Ford Motor Co.
• Chrysler Group LLC
• Honda North America Inc.
• Toyota North America Inc.
• Kia Motors America Inc.
• Hyundai Motor America
• Nissan Americas
• Volkswagen Group of America
• BMW of North America
• Mercedes-Benz USA
The following cutaway diagrams showing parts and component suppliers are included:
• 2014 Chevrolet Corvette
• 2014 Chevrolet Impala
• 2014 Jeep Cherokee
• 2014 Toyota Corolla
Data tables in the report:
• Employment, Hours and Earnings
• Auto Parts Production by Country
• Migration of North American Auto Industry
• Light Vehicle Assembly Plants in Mexico
• Auto Parts Exported by Mexico 2011-2012
• Mexico Auto Parts Production Forecast to 2019
• North American Vehicle Production
• Brazil New Vehicle Registration
• Brazil Vehicle Production
These perspective stories are in the report:
• Laurie Harbour, president and CEO, Harbour Results Inc.
• Manuel Fernandez, international promotions director, state of Guanajuato
• Julie A. Fream, president and CEO, Original Equipment Suppliers Association
• Brian Fish, manager, DuPont Performance Polymers