Image By: Caroline SeidelLoepp
Plastics News publishes our 2014 ranking of North American Thermoformers today. In print, we rank the top 100, but online (plasticsnews.com/rankings/thermoformers) we've got full data for 224 companies. Let's take a look at some of the numbers behind the ranking.
The two biggest news items was the formation of Penda Form Co. by the merger of Penda Corp. and Fabri-Form Co. and the acquisition of Spartech Corp. by PolyOne Corp.
The 2013 average sales per company is $49.5 million, that's up 3.5 percent over last year.
For just those firms reporting 100 percent of their North American thermoforming sales as packaging, the average sales per company is up 2.8 percent, while those firms reporting a breakout of 100% industrial, had an average sales per company decrease of 5.6 percent.
Welcome to the ranking, The following firms are new to our listing this year:
• DK Plastics of Archer, Iowa;
• FastForming.com LLC of Rittman, Ohio;
• Floe International Inc. of McGregor, Minn.;
• Piedmont Plastics Inc. of Charlotte, N.C.;
• Sportech Inc. of Elk River, Minn.;
Welcome to the top 100, the following firms have moved into the top 100 this year:
• ATE-InterTrade of Westminster, Calif.;
• CW Thomas Inc. of Philadelphia;
• Maryland Thermoform Corp. of Baltimore;
• Polyform Inc. of Decatur, Tenn.
Biggest movers, the following firms shifted up in the ranking.
• J-Pac LLC of Somersworth, N.H., moves up 37 spaces to position 37;
• Pro-Form Plastics Inc. of Crothersville, Ind., moves up 34 spaces to position 143;
• Universal Plastics Corp. of Holyoke, Mass., moves up 24 spaces to position 62;
• Amros Industries Inc. of Cleveland moves up 22 spaces to position 115;
• Capco Plastics Inc. of Providence, R.I., moves up 21 spaces to position 117;
• Penda Form Co. of New Concord, Ohio, moves up 18 spaces to position 10;
• Franks Manufacturing Co. Inc. of San Antonio, Texas, moves up 18 spaces to position 165;
• Du-Call Miller Plastics Co. Inc. of Batavia, Ill., moves up 17 spaces to position 205;
• LeTourneau Plastics Inc. of Oconto, Wis., moves up 14 spaces to position 104;
• All About Packaging Inc. of Appleton, Wis., moves up 14 spaces to position 143.
The thermoformers rankings — and all our rankings & lists — include full ranking data, with downloads including address information for plant locations – can be found in the Plastics News Store.
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just sent a note to Hollee Keller at email@example.com or mail your information to Plastics News, P.O. Box 790, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278.
Thanks to Hollee Keller for the research on this year's project.
Recent Blog PostsThanksgiving balloons — yep, they're plastic
New registration process for plasticsnews.com (Psst: It's still free)
Astronauts, 3-D printing and hoverboards? Sounds good
A look at the fastest-growing companies in our blow molders' ranking
Arburg's Heinz Gaub talks about plastics and additive manufacturing
What's more controversial, legalizing pot or criminalizing plastic bags?