The February edition of the Plastics News Resin Report provides expert analysis of these critical questions for resin buyers:
- Is the seven-month-long period of flat pricing for North American polyethylene coming to an end?
- Polypropylene prices took another big jump in January, but will it happen again in February?
- After two months of price increases for polystyrene, do North American makers have any leverage for another increase in February? You might be surprised.
- PET prices arte suffering the winter blahs. Will the market warm up in February?
- What's up with the vinyl chloride monomer shortage that is driving up PVC prices?
There is also information on the resin sales, export markets, news briefs and a Q&A with well-known consultant Craig Blizzard.
New stock charts debut this month, along with news and notes on 15 leading resin suppliers including Dow, DuPont, LyondellBasell, PolyOne and A. Schulman.
Here are the regular monthly charts updated for February:
- Resin volatility
- North American volume and captive use 2004-2012
- Top commodity resin end markets 2004-2012
- U.S. Exports
You can buy this month's Resin Report or subscribe for 12 months at a substantial savings.