WESLEY CHAPEL, FLA. — The Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. has named 33 companies for winning its 2013 Safety Awards.
SPI President and CEO William Carteaux announced the award winners Feb. 24, at the Plastics News Executive Forum in Wesley Chapel. The awards are open to all industry sectors, including processors, resin suppliers, machinery makers, mold makers and brand owners.
Awards are based on data on a company’s annual Occupational Safety and Health Administration 300 log of work-related injuries and illnesses.
The Washington-based SPI uses the information from the submissions for benchmarking. The trade association received 160 submissions for the 2013 awards.
Carteaux announced the following Safety Award winners. The number of facilities awarded is listed in parentheses:
• Amcor Rigid Plastics of Ann Arbor, Mich., part of Australian-based Amcor Ltd.
• American Maplan Corp., McPherson, Kan.
• Berry Plastics Group Inc., Evansville, Ind. (32)
• CPM Holdings Inc.’s Century Extrusion, Traverse City, Mich.
• Dart Container Corp., Mason, Mich. (20)
• Davies Molding LLC, Carol Stream, Ill.
• Dynamic Conveyor Corp., Muskegon, Mich.
• Formed Plastics Inc., Carle Place, N.Y.
• G.F. Goodman & Son Inc., Warminster, Penn.
• Kydex LLC, Bloomsburg, Penn.
• LyondellBasell Industries, Houston (11)
• Dash Multi-Corp. Inc., Maryland Heights, Mo. (2)
• Mexichem, Mexico City, Mexico (2)
• Milliken & Co., Spartanburg, S.C.
• Mitsubishi Polyester Film Inc., Greer, S.C.
• North American Pipe Corp., Houston (7)
• Nypro Inc., Clinton, Mass. (10)
• Pitt Plastics Inc., Pittsburg, Kan. (3)
• Placon Corp., Madison, Wis. (2)
• Plastic Ingenuity Inc., Cross Plains, Wis. (2)
• Plastic Molding Technology Inc., El Paso, Texas
• Plastikos Inc., Erie, Pa. (2)
• Prestige Mold Inc., Rancho Cucamonca, Calif.
• RJG Inc., Traverse City, Mich.
• Sabert Corp., Sayerville, N.J. (3)
• Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corp., Aurora, Ohio (12)
• Team 1 Plastics Inc., Albion, Mich.
• Tech Molded Plastics Inc., Meadville, Pa.
• Techmer PM LLC, Clinton, Tenn.
• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Waltham, Mass. (4)
• Tupperware Brands Corp., Orlando, Fla.
• Vision-Ease Lens, Ramsey, Minn.
• Westlake Chemical Corp., Houston (5)