Image By: Plastics NewsLoepp
Plastics News published our annual ranking of North American recyclers in the May 19 issue, so let's take the opportunity to look at the numbers behind the ranking.
In print, we rank the top 25, but online we've got data for 216 companies totaling over 12 billion pounds of material moved in 2013.
182 of the companies reprocessed a total of 9,667.8 million pounds of plastic, for an average per company of 53 million pounds. That’s up 11 percent and a growing trend. 2012 average was 47.6 million pounds. 2011 was 42.9 and 2010 was 39.6
Welcome to the top 25 this year:
- Champion Polymer Recycling of Winchester, Ky.
- Entropex of Sarnia, Ontario.
- Good Works Reprocessing LLC of Easton, Pa.
- Wellman Plastics Recycling LLC of Johnsonville, S.C.
Welcome to reprocessing to these firms, which reported reprocessing volumes this year vs. only brokering last year.
- Domino Plastics Co. Inc. of Port Jefferson, N.Y.
- GP Harmon Recycling LLC of Jericho, N.Y.
- SBC Recycling Inc. of Centerburg, Ohio.
These were the biggest movers in reprocessing in this year's ranking:
- Entropex moves up 31 positions to rank at No. 10.
- Recycling Solutions Inc. of Elk Grove Village, Ill., moves up 29 positions to rank at No. 83.
- Arrotin Plastic Materials Inc. of San Bernardino, Calif., moves up 27 positions to rank at No. 49.
- Green Processing Co. Inc. of Windsor, Ontario, moves up 27 positions to rank at No. 81.
- Midwest Exchange Enterprises Inc. of Gurnee, Ill., moves up 22 positions to rank at No. 37.
In addition to what we publish, we also offer the full rankings data for sale in the Plastics News Store.
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just sent a note to Hollee Keller at email@example.com or mail your information to Plastics News, P.O. Box 790, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278
Thanks to Hollee Keller for today's peek behind the data — and for her research on this year's project.
Recent Blog PostsCoal-to-olefins may not be an immediate threat
Who are the fastest growing pipe, profile and tubing extruders?
Finding the important economic indicators
Plastics industry blasted for stance in green building debate
'Genericide' and plastic product trademarks
Great idea: Family Day at the factory