Industry leaders will converge on Penn State Erie June 18-19 for the Innovation and Emerging Plastics Technologies Conference.
Keynote speaker on June 19 will be Bill Carteaux, president and CEO of the Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. Before joining SPI in 2005, Carteaux had a background in plastics machinery, as an executive at Demag Plastics Group and Autojectors Inc.
The conference will feature half-hour presentations in the mornings, with three concurrent sessions on injection molding technology, materials and executive management practices. Afternoons will feature a choice of three-hour tutorials, many of them include a hands-on component.
A networking session and pig roast will come after the tutorials on June 18.
• David Kusuma, vice president of product development and research and development for Tupperware Brands Corp., who will talk about building a culture of innovation in plastic products.
• Steve Spanoudis, who manages Motorola Solutions Inc.’s rapid prototyping operations in Florida, will discuss 3-D printing and the plastics industry.
• John Ward, vice president of sales and marketing at Arburg Inc., will introduce new technology for additive manufacturing.
• Mike Zacharias, president of Extreme Tool & Engineering Inc. and Cosmos Tooling Solutions Inc., who will give the view from the toolroom.
• Laurie Harbour, president and CEO of Harbour Results Inc., will discuss her firm’s tooling study.
• Joachim Kragl, Engel North America’s director of advanced molding systems and processing, will discuss molding thick-wall lenses in record cycle times.
• Mark Hanaway, vice president of Tech Molded Plastics Inc., will discuss his company in Meadville, Pa., which won the Plastics News Processor of the Year Award earlier this year.
• Mike Uhrain, technical sales manager at Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery, will explain the Active Color Change technology.
• Mary Scheibel, principal and founder of Trefoil Group, will talk about winning the talent game.
The conference fee is $375 for SPE members. Non-members pay $485. For information contact Carleen Orlando at Penn State Erie, at 814-898-6103, email email@example.com.