Image By: Hollee Keller, Plastics News
Last week I shared some information with readers courtesy of our 2014 ranking of the top 100 North American Injection Molders. Now that we've published our complete ranking with information on an additional 467 companies, let's take another peek behind the data:
This week’s smaller firms show an average sales per-company increase of 5.9 percent over the previous fiscal year. More interesting is that of those firms reporting growth, the average increase is 18.7 percent. Looking a little further back than the chart below, 2004 and 2010 saw a dip in average sales per company, however the more recent trend continues to grow.
Although not every North American molder is listed, we’ve reported on $423.7 billion in North American injection molding sales since 2000, with the top 100 making up a surprising 80 percent of that sum.
We welcomed these companies to the 2014 ranking:
- Bender Products Inc. of Mishawaka, Ind.
- Buick LLC dba The Beadery of Hope Valley, R.I.
- Built Rite Tool & Die Inc. of Lancaster, Mass.
- Carolina Technical Plastics Corp. of New Bern, N.C.
- Deep River Plastics LLC of Deep River, Conn.
- Gracious Living Corp. of Woodbridge, Ontario.
- Green Leaf Inc. of Fontanet, Ind.
- Markdom Plastic Products Ltd. of Toronto.
- MP6 LLC of Traverse City, Mich.
- NPI Medical of Ansonia, Conn.
- Precision Plastics Inc. of Columbia City, Ind.
- Sle-Co Plastics Inc. of London, Ontario.
- Sussex IM Inc. of Sussex, Wis.
- Teamvantage Molding LLC of Forest Lake, Minn.
- We also welcome back A.L.P. Lighting Components Inc. of Niles, Ill., to the ranking.
Some of the companies that reported big gains, moving up 34 positions or more, include:
- Engineered Plastics Co. LLC of Menomonee Falls, Wis., moved up 104 spaces to rank at 174.
- Charloma Inc. of Cherryvale, Kan., moved up 79 spaces to rank at 364.
- Recto Molded Products Inc. of Cincinnati moved up 54 spaces to rank at 297.
- Eldora Plastics Inc. of Eldora, Iowa, moved up 54 spaces to rank at 421.
- R&D Plastics Inc. of Arden, N.C., moved up 49 spaces to rank at 460.
- Den Hartog Industries Inc. of Hospers, Iowa, moved up 48 spaces to rank at 418.
- Pam Trading Corp. of Kernersville, N.C., moved up 44 spaces to rank at 399.
- ResTech Plastic Molding Inc. of Hudson, Mass., moved up 43 spaces to rank at 206.
- Miteject Inc. of National City, Calif., moved up 39 spaces to rank at 517.
- Technical Industries Inc. of Torrington, Conn., moved up 37 spaces to rank at 349.
- Ayanna Plastics & Engineering Inc. of Clearwater, Fla., moved up 34 spaces to rank at 380.
Finally, in my post from last week about the top 100 companies, I need to make one change: The Top 10 needs to make room for one more. Cutting in at No. 9 is Lacks Enterprises Inc. of Grand Rapids, Mich., with corrected sales of $500 million. With Closure Systems International and Illinois Tool Works Inc. tying for the No. 10 spot — the Top 10 becomes the Top 11.
Want more information? In addition to what we publish, we also offer the full rankings data for sale in the Plastics News Store. The Injection molders ranking — and all our rankings & lists — include full ranking data, with downloads including address information for plant locations.
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just sent a note to Hollee Keller at email@example.com or mail your information to Plastics News, P.O. Box 790, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278.
Thanks to Hollee Keller for today's peek behind the data.
Recent Blog Posts'Genericide' and plastic product trademarks
Great idea: Family Day at the factory
Great moments in plastics inventions: the pool noodle
Congrats to the Entrepreneur of the Year winners with plastics connections
Tubing extruder hosts local politician to discuss ESOP benefits
Slicing and dicing the data from our injection molders ranking