Question: What’s the word on this week’s Plastics News annual ranking of the top Pipe, Profile and Tubing extruders in North America? Answer: Up.
Let's take a look at some of the numbers and trends from our respondents:
• What’s up? Pipe, as in larger diameters; Decking, as in designer styles. New housing starts and repair and remodel activity are up. Outdoor living spaces are up. The Windows & Door market is up. Tubing & vinyl siding ... not so much.
• Extrusion is also a steady gig, over 79 percent of the top officials have remained in place 5 years or more.
• 213 firms were ranked with North American extrusion sales totaling $16,924.2 billion, that's up more than 4 percent from last year. In our ranking, 92 firms reported an increase in sales with an average growth of 14.7 percent.
• Average sales per firm was up 5.8 percent and is a continuing trend.
Welcome to the ranking!
These firms were added this year.
• Atkore International Inc. of Harvey, Ill.
• Swan Products LLC of Marion, Ohio.
• EverMark LLC of Suwanee, Ga.
• American Vinyl Co. of Hialeah, Fla.
Who's growing the fastest?
The top 10 movers in the ranking this year are:
• Quality Lineals USA Inc. of Merrick, N.Y., moves up 43 spaces to rank at #123
• United Poly Systems LLC of Springfield, Mo., moves up 35 spaces to rank at #94
• PlasTech Corp. of Addison, Texas, moves up 32 spaces to rank at #156
• DLH Industries Inc. of Canton, Ohio, moves up 29 spaces to rank at #64
• Alliance Plastics Corp. of Chippewa Falls, Wis., moves up 28 spaces to rank at #147
• Georg Fischer Piping Systems of Irvine, Calif., moves up 27 spaces to rank at #28
• Pipeline Plastics LLC of Decatur, Texas, moves up 25 spaces to rank at #48
• Rumber Materials Inc. of Muenster, Texas, moves up 19 spaces to rank at #167
• Reschcor Inc. of Elkhart, Ind., moves up 19 spaces to rank at #114
• Cooper-Standard Automotive Inc. of Novi, Mich., moves up 18 spaces to rank at #22
Want more information? Visit our ranking online at www.plasticsnews.com/rankings/pipe-profile-tubing
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just send a note to Hollee Keller at email@example.com or mail your information to Plastics News, P.O. Box 790, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278.
Thanks to Hollee Keller for today's peek behind the data.
Recent Blog PostsLaw denies benefits to former Nazis, including former plastics executive
Study estimates 269,000 tons of plastic in world's oceans
Plastics and politics ... it's serious business
Thanksgiving balloons — yep, they're plastic
New registration process for plasticsnews.com (Psst: It's still free)
Astronauts, 3-D printing and hoverboards? Sounds good