Question: What’s the word on this week’s Plastics News annual ranking of the top Pipe, Profile and Tubing extruders in North America? Answer: Up.
Let's take a look at some of the numbers and trends from our respondents:
• What’s up? Pipe, as in larger diameters; Decking, as in designer styles. New housing starts and repair and remodel activity are up. Outdoor living spaces are up. The Windows & Door market is up. Tubing & vinyl siding ... not so much.
• Extrusion is also a steady gig, over 79 percent of the top officials have remained in place 5 years or more.
• 213 firms were ranked with North American extrusion sales totaling $16,924.2 billion, that's up more than 4 percent from last year. In our ranking, 92 firms reported an increase in sales with an average growth of 14.7 percent.
• Average sales per firm was up 5.8 percent and is a continuing trend.
Welcome to the ranking!
These firms were added this year.
• Atkore International Inc. of Harvey, Ill.
• Swan Products LLC of Marion, Ohio.
• EverMark LLC of Suwanee, Ga.
• American Vinyl Co. of Hialeah, Fla.
Who's growing the fastest?
The top 10 movers in the ranking this year are:
• Quality Lineals USA Inc. of Merrick, N.Y., moves up 43 spaces to rank at #123
• United Poly Systems LLC of Springfield, Mo., moves up 35 spaces to rank at #94
• PlasTech Corp. of Addison, Texas, moves up 32 spaces to rank at #156
• DLH Industries Inc. of Canton, Ohio, moves up 29 spaces to rank at #64
• Alliance Plastics Corp. of Chippewa Falls, Wis., moves up 28 spaces to rank at #147
• Georg Fischer Piping Systems of Irvine, Calif., moves up 27 spaces to rank at #28
• Pipeline Plastics LLC of Decatur, Texas, moves up 25 spaces to rank at #48
• Rumber Materials Inc. of Muenster, Texas, moves up 19 spaces to rank at #167
• Reschcor Inc. of Elkhart, Ind., moves up 19 spaces to rank at #114
• Cooper-Standard Automotive Inc. of Novi, Mich., moves up 18 spaces to rank at #22
Want more information? Visit our ranking online at www.plasticsnews.com/rankings/pipe-profile-tubing
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just send a note to Hollee Keller at email@example.com or mail your information to Plastics News, P.O. Box 790, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278.
Thanks to Hollee Keller for today's peek behind the data.
Recent Blog PostsThanksgiving balloons — yep, they're plastic
New registration process for plasticsnews.com (Psst: It's still free)
Astronauts, 3-D printing and hoverboards? Sounds good
A look at the fastest-growing companies in our blow molders' ranking
Arburg's Heinz Gaub talks about plastics and additive manufacturing
What's more controversial, legalizing pot or criminalizing plastic bags?