By: Nina Ying Sun
August 18, 2014
A new market report ranks the top 10 players in China’s plastic mold industry, showing strong geographic concentration in the Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta regions.
Chinese market research firm Qianzhan Business Information Co. Ltd. revealed its list of top 10 plastic mold makers in its “2014-2018 China Plastics Mold Industry Development Prospect Forecast and Upgrade Analysis Report.” The authors noted the company names are listed in a random order.
• Jiangyin Mould Plastic Group
• Foxconn Precision Mold (Kunshan) Co. Ltd.
• Hi-P (Tianjin) Electronics Co. Ltd.
• Shengmei Precision Industrial (Kunshan) Co. Ltd.
• Janus (Dongguan) Precision Components Co. Ltd.
• Shenzhen Silver Basis Technology Co. Ltd.
• Eva Precision Industrial Holding Ltd.
• Perlos (Guangzhou) Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd
• Shenzhen Changhong Technology Co. Ltd.
• Ningbo Shuanglin Mould Co. Ltd.
Five of these firms are located in the Pearl River Delta region, two of them in the same city of Shenzhen.
Four are located in the Yangtze River Delta region, two of them in Kunshan city.
The report also said China’s plastic mold industry reached sales of 83.5 billion yuan ($13.2 billion) in 2012, up 13 percent from the previous year. The growth rate peaked in 2009 (25 percent) and 2010 (32 percent).
In addition to the expanding scale and improving quality and technical level, China’s mold and die industry also has been increasingly offering integrated solutions, according to the China Die & Mould Industry Association. Companies now offer integrated molds with presses, for instance, it explained.