Ineos takes its first step into UK shale exploration

Anthony Clark
PRW

Published: August 18, 2014 1:15 pm ET
Updated: August 18, 2014 1:18 pm ET

Image By: Ineos Ineos Chairman Jim Ratcliffe

Related to this story

Topics Materials, Materials Suppliers

Ineos Group AG has moved into United Kingdom shale exploration with the purchase of BG Group’s 51 percent share of the shale section of a joint Petroleum Exploration and Development License (PEDL). The remaining 49 percent is owned by exploration company Dart Energy. No figures were disclosed.

The PEDL 133 license covers 329 square kilometres of the Midland Valley of Scotland, which includes Ineos’ Grangemouth, Scotland, refining and petrochemical complex and the area around it.

Gary Haywood, chief executive of Ineos Upstream, said: “We are very pleased to have agreed the purchase of 51 percent of the shale section of the PEDL 133 license. Over the last year Ineos Upstream has been drawing together a team of experts in the sector, including a number of leading shale exploration and development specialists from the U.S. This expertise gives us the perfect platform to move into onshore exploration.

“This is a logical next step for Ineos and we are very excited about it. We are one of very few businesses that can use shale gas as both a fuel and a petrochemical feedstock,” he added.

“With our large UK asset base, our existing capabilities in operating oil and gas facilities and our exemplary safety and environmental record, Ineos is well placed to become a major player in the UK onshore gas production sector.”

Ineos is based in Rolle, Switzerland.


Comments

Ineos takes its first step into UK shale exploration

Anthony Clark
PRW

Published: August 18, 2014 1:15 pm ET
Updated: August 18, 2014 1:18 pm ET

Post Your Comments


Back to story


More stories

Image

Citadel opens second compounding facility in China, near Shanghai

January 27, 2015 3:22 pm ET

Citadel Plastics Inc., the American manufacturer of thermoplastic and engineered composite compounds, has opened its second facility in China,...    More

Image

Sales, profit fall at DuPont

January 27, 2015 3:13 pm ET

Materials giant DuPont Co. will use almost all of the proceeds from an upcoming spinoff — one that includes its fluoropolymer and titanium...    More

Image

A. Schulman, Citadel continue buying blitz

January 27, 2015 11:32 am ET

A. Schulman Inc. and Citadel Plastics Inc. — two deal-happy materials firms — were at it again in the second half of 2014.    More

Image

It's becoming a seller's market for plastics firms

January 27, 2015 11:37 am ET

The pace of plastics mergers and acquisitions activity slowed a bit in the second half of 2014 — but market watchers have high expectations for ...    More

Image

Materials market sees more deals

January 27, 2015 11:26 am ET

Plastics materials deals showed modest growth in 2014, increasing 6 percent vs. their 2013 total.    More

Market Reports

Plastics in Automotive: Innovation & Emerging Trends

This special report newly released by PN and sponsored by The Conair Group examines current trends in the use of plastics in automotive, materials innovations and the changing landscape. It includes a review of legislative/regulatory activity impacting vehicle development and lightweighting, market opportunities & challenges for mold and toolmakers, innovative design strategies being implemented by major OEMs and suppliers, as well as a review of key indicators in Canada, Mexico, Brazil and China.

Learn more

Plastics Recycling Trends in North America

This report is a review and analysis of the North American Plastics Recycling Industry, including key trends and statistics based on 2013 performance. We examine market environment factors, regulatory issues, industry challenges, key drivers and emerging trends in post-consumer and post-industrial recycling.

Learn more

Injection Molding Market Analysis & Processor Rankings

Plastics News BUNDLED package contains our in-depth Market Analysis of the Injection Molding segment. You will gain keen insight on current trends and our economic outlook.

As a BONUS this includes PN's updated 2014 database of North American Injection Molders RANKED by sales volume. Sort, merge, mail & prospect by end market, materials processed, region, # of plants and more.

Learn more

Upcoming Plastics News Events

February 4, 2015 - February 6, 2015Plastics News Executive Forum 2015

June 2, 2015 - June 3, 2015Plastics Financial Summit - Chicago 2015

September 16, 2015 - September 18, 2015Plastics Caps & Closures - September 2015

More Events