This special report published by Plastics News Research provides fresh perspective, insight and key data/stats on the auto sector, the growing use of plastics in vehicle components/systems and the impact on plastics processors/molders serving this rapidly changing end market.
Key data/stats included in this report:
- U.S. car and light-truck sales by market through November 2015
- Listing of North America car and truck assembly plants
- Commercial vehicle production (U.S. and worldwide, 1999-2014)
- Light vehicle assembly forecast for leading manufacturing countries worldwide to 2017
- Proportion of materials used in car production
- Sales & forecast value of plastic auto part manufactured in Mexico to 2020
- Projected car production in Mexico to 2018
- Average plastics & polymer composites use in light vehicles
- Average engineering & other plastics content of North American light vehicles
- Average value of chemistry content of North American light vehicles
- Average large volume plastics content of North American light vehicles
- Automotive plastics & polymer composites direct employment by State (2014)
The report also profiles a cross-section of Automotive OEMs and leading plastics processors serving the auto sector known for their on-going commitment to quality, R&D and the continued development of innovative solutions and high performance plastics materials, parts and systems for vehicles.