Tommy J. Skudutis
COO, Exteriors, Interiors, Seating, Mirrors, Closures and Cosma
Magna International Inc.
Company business typeTransportation
2014 total compensation$8,356,000
Percent change from 2013
2014 stock awards$2,809,000
2014 option awards$994,000
All other cash compensation$14,000
Company's three-year total return to shareholders %50.1%
Company fiscal 2014 sales ($ millions)$36,641
Originally published September 7, 2015, in Plastics News. Some data may have been updated.
- Three-year return to shareholders calculated on a fiscal-year basis.
- N.A. = Not available.
- CURRENCY NOTE: All figures reported in Canadian currency were converted to U.S. dollars using the average annual exchange rate for the 12 months of a company's fiscal year.
- COMPENSATION CATEGORY DEFINITIONS: Revised Securities and Exchange Commission executive compensation disclosure rules for publicly held companies have redefined what U.S. firms report and how they report it. Canadian Securities Administrators, or CSA, has adopted similar disclosure rules for Canadian companies. This analysis compares U.S. and Canadian-based companies in a fairly consistent fashion. The following notes define key compensation elements in the analysis:
- SALARY: For U.S. and Canadian companies, this value represents the actual base salary paid. Salaries are not annualized for new hires.
- BONUS: For U.S. companies, this value typically represents discretionary bonuses not tied directly to performance, such as retention awards and signing bonuses. Performance-based bonus awards for U.S. firms appear in the NEIP column. For Canadian firms under new Canadian regulations, all bonuses - discretionary and performance-based - appear in the NEIP column.
- STOCK AWARDS: For U.S. and Canadian companies, this value represents the grant-date fair value of new service- and performance-based stock and/or unit awards granted during the fiscal year.
- OPTION AWARDS: For U.S. and Canadian companies, this value represents the grant-date fair value of new service- and performance-based option and/or SAR (stock appreciation rights) awards granted during the fiscal year. For companies that did not disclose estimates for the value of option awards, a value was calculated using the widely accepted Black-Scholes methodology.
- NEIP PAYOUTS: For U.S. firms, this value represents performance-based bonus payouts from non-equity incentive plans. For Canadian firms, this value represents both performance-based and discretionary bonuses.
- ALL OTHER CASH COMPENSATION: For U.S. and Canadian companies, this value represents the sum of benefits and perquisites awarded during the last fiscal year. Although company contributions to retirement plans are included, the full value and/or the annual actuarial increase or decrease in retirement plans is not included.
- PERCENTAGE CHANGE FROM FISCAL 2012 IN CASH PAY could not be determined if an executive was not employed by a firm for the entire two most-recent fiscal years.
- COMPANY’S THREE-YEAR TOTAL RETURN TO SHAREHOLDERS: Companies whose stock shares have not traded long enough to have a three-year total return to shareholders are Berry Plastics Corp., GSE Holding Inc. and Ply Gem Holding Inc. Associated Materials Inc. reports regularly to the SEC but is not publicly held and does not trade equity on a general stock exchange.
- Plastics News' executive ranking covers only executives from U.S. and Canadian companies that publicly traded equity or debt for their 2013 calendar or fiscal years, and that generate roughly 50 percent or more of their annual revenues from the in-house processing, recycling or compounding of plastics.
- Equilar Inc., an executive compensation research firm located in Redwood City, Calif., supplied the data for Plastics News' executive ranking. Equilar offers a suite of Web-based tools for analyzing compensation and corporate governance trends. Equilar helps its clients make informed decisions on board-level compensation-related matters with independent research drawn directly from annual proxy filings. Equilar Inc. can be found online at www.equilar.com
More Events > Upcoming Events
Trump signs ocean plastics pollution law
NEWS Friday, October 12
Plastics News Now: Imflux system debuts in Milacron machine at Fakuma
VIDEO Thursday, October 18
Plastics News Now: Stylish bicycle helmet uses EVA foam, polycarbonate, composites
VIDEO Thursday, October 11
Material Insights: Solvay taps experienced chemical executive as new CEO
VIDEO Monday, October 15
Oct. 19, 2018 -- Fakuma Show Daily
DIGITAL Thursday, October 18