Materials Suppliers
RSS

Image

ISO publishes international standard for measuring phthalates in toys


August 19, 2014 10:40 am ET

The Geneva-based International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published an international standard on phthalates used as plasticizers in toys and children's products.

Image

RTP expands very long fiber thermoplastic production to Mexico


August 19, 2014 9:47 am ET

RTP Co. has introduced very long fiber reinforced compounds at its Monterrey, Mexico, facility.

Image

Ineos takes its first step into UK shale exploration


August 18, 2014 1:15 pm ET

Ineos Group AG has moved into United Kingdom shale exploration with the purchase of BG Group’s 51 percent share of the shale section of a joint Petroleum Exploration and Development License (PEDL). The remaining 49 percent is owned by...

Image

Construction firm invests in bioplastics maker Meredian


August 15, 2014 10:22 am ET

Bioplastics maker Meredian Inc. didn't have to go far to find a new investor.

Image

Sabic gets cracking on US shale gas imports


August 14, 2014 11:46 am ET

Saudi Basic Industries Corp. is modifying its cracker at Teesside, England, to handle shale gas imported from the United States. The $15 million cracker upgrade to use shale gas-based feedstock is scheduled to be completed during 2016.

Image

PET bottle resin up 3 cents in July


August 14, 2014 3:59 pm ET

Raw material pressure sent North American PET bottle resin prices up by an average of 3 cents per pound in July.

Image

LCY gives termination notice to Kraton


August 14, 2014 11:31 am ET

Kraton Performance Polymers Inc. said that LCY Chemical Corp. has sent it formal notification that it is terminating the deal that would have seen Houston-based Kraton merge with the styrenic block copolymer operations of LCY.

Image

Dow Corning lauds China for crackdown on counterfeiting


August 14, 2014 11:27 am ET

Dow Corning Corp. officials say they appreciate efforts of the Chinese officials in their effort to crack down on counterfeit trafficking.

Image

Lanxess adding compounding capacity in North Carolina


August 13, 2014 1:00 pm ET

Materials maker Lanxess AG will spend $15 million to install a second compounding line at its plant in Gastonia, N.C.

Image

Funding gives a boost to plastic additives technology


August 13, 2014 9:59 am ET

BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA — Commercializing plastic additives to create tougher acrylic glass is moving closer to realization, thanks to a A$950,000 (US$893,000) investment in an Australian technology company.

Upcoming Plastics News Events

September 10, 2014 - September 12, 2014Plastics Caps & Closures 2014

January 14, 2015 - January 14, 2015Plastics in Automotive

February 4, 2015 - February 6, 2015Plastics News Executive Forum 2015

More Events

Newsletters

Select from the list below to subscribe to customized Plastics News e-mail news alerts. Check the options you wish to receive.

View samples of all eNewsletters »

More Newsletters