Nexeo Plastics & Envalior Lead the Way Towards a Sustainable Future
Thursday, June 08, 2023
- 03:00 pm
Nexeo Plastics is committed to understanding our customers’ sustainability goals and determining how they can be achieved all while meeting demanding technical requirements. Together with Envalior (formerly DSM Engineering Materials), we will sort through the chaos around sustainable plastic materials and help to identify the best solutions for our customers. Whether it involves reducing part weight; improving the operational efficiencies in processing or using sustainably sourced thermoplastics, we work together to produce the best solutions for our earth and customer applications.
This will be a joint seminar with our supplier Envalior (formerly DSM Engineering Materials).
1. Sorting through the chaos surrounding sustainable plastics including:
• Recycling – discuss difference between Post Industrial, Post Consumer, and Ocean Bound as well as any pitfalls/trends we see from our OEM and molding customers in this area.
• Biobased – list examples and discuss difference between biobased plastic and biodegradable.
• Compostable – discuss ASTM D6400 standard for industrial composting, TUV Austria standard for home compostability, and BPI certification for NA applications.
2. Deep dive into Envalior materials that focus on recycling and biobased material options.
3. Communicate comprehensive technical knowledge and product offerings that play a critical role in reducing the carbon footprint and environmental plastic waste.