BARRINGTON, N.H. — Custom tubing and profile extruder PBS Plastics Inc. moved from its 4,200-square-foot West Nottington, N.H., plant to a 10,000-square-foot facility three miles away in Barrington. The move, prompted by the need for extra capacity, was completed April 1.
President Andrew Salach estimated the move's cost at $400,000.
PBS invested an additional $55,000 in a new Davis Standard 21/2-inch Mark V Extruder. The unit is PBS' third extruder.
Salach said the facility has room for a fourth line. He added that PBS probably will expand the plant up to 10,000 square feet in two years to accommodate raw materials and product storage.
PBS is a custom extruder. It serves customers mainly in the sporting goods, display and water filtration markets. Salach said about 80 percent of PBS' sales are from tubing, and the other 20 percent from profile work.
The company employs 10 and hopes to hire three to five employees this year.
Salach reported $600,000 in sales for 1998. He anticipates topping $1 million in sales this year.