NAGANO, JAPAN (Sept. 4, 2 p.m. EDT) — Aoki Technical Laboratory Inc. will use K 2001 to introduce its PET blow molder, the SBIII-250LL-50S, with major upgrades over an earlier machine.
The Aoki display (Hall 14, Stand A 70), will be a showcase of PET containers, as the Nagano-based company displays more than 3,000 commercial products molded on its machines around the world.
High-speed injection mold opening and closing is the big improvement for the SBIII press. Fast operation significantly reduces the unit price per bottle, Aoki said.
* Simultaneous movement of the upper and lower platens in the injection molding side, which replaces a two-stage movement. This reduces dry cycle time by more than 30 percent from the earlier model.
* Synchronous movement of the blow mold clamping platens, by using a rack-and-pinion mechanism.
* Standardization of hot runner reduces the cost of additional tooling when using the same number of cavities and makes tool changes faster.
* East adjustment of the blow mold unit, thanks to an extra hydraulic cylinder.
* Simplified and much faster blow mold changes, with a hydraulic cylinder that slides the blow unit out of the machine.