Resin producer executives and independent consultants will deliver seven presentations at Executive Forum 2003 in Phoenix early next year that will assess prospects for various plastics materials, examine trends in the compounding sector and offer tips for strategic resin buying.
The Jan. 26-29 conference, the fourth forum organized by Plastics News, will include the following topics and presenters:
* Nylon - Lance Altizer, global marketing director, Honeywell Plastics.
* Polyethylene - Bob Buesinger, PE sales manager-Americas, Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.
* Resin purchasing strategies - Gus Garrett, managing partner, Resin Technology Inc.
* Compounding trends - John R. Jones, president, Applied Market Information LLC.
* Polycarbonate - Ben Smith, director of phenol research, Chemical Market Associates Inc.
* Thermoplastic elastomers - Faisal Syed, plastics project manager, Chemical Market Resources Inc.
* PET - Chase Willett, CMAI's director of polyester and polyester raw materials.
Executive Forum 2003, at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, will feature more than 30 experts from firms including Nypro Inc., Flextronics International Ltd., Hewlett-Packard Co., Medtronic Inc., Owens-Illinois Inc., Veka Inc., Tech Group Inc., MBA Polymers Inc. and Precise Technology Inc.
Topics will include various end markets, as well as best practices for industrial design, lean manufacturing, management and supply-chain excellence. Program and registration details are available at plasticsnews.com/forum2003.