Fire that started in equipment damaged Rochester Rotational Molding Inc. on Feb. 5, according to a published report.
Employees noticed smoke coming from the machinery, and firefighters were called about 4 p.m., according to a story in the Pharos-Tribune newspaper. All employees got out safely. Rochester Fire Chief Mike Gearhart told the newspaper the fire started in a machine and spread to wooden trusses of the building, causing part of the steel roof to cave in.
The company has two rotomolding machines and 32 employees. Its president, Marilyn Wade, is well-known in the Association of Rotational Molders. She was ARM's president in 2000. She is on the ARM board of directors and co-chairs the membership committee for the trade association in Oak Brook, Ill.
Wade and her husband, Allen Wade, own Rochester Rotational Molding. She could not be reached for comment.