If you're keeping track of the executive ranks at Dow Chemical Co. these days, it's a good idea to use a pencil instead of a pen.
The latest round of administrative changes at the Midland, Mich.-based plastics and chemicals giant has brought some new faces into its plastics and performance chemicals/thermosets businesses, as well as given new responsibilities to some current personnel.
Plastics-related executives affected by the moves include:
* North American polyolefins and elastomers Vice President Bob Beil, who's moving from Houston to Dow headquarters in Midland, where he'll serve as corporate director of the company's ``commercial expertise center.'' In that role, Beil will develop best practices in marketing and sales for the overall company.
* Romeo Kreinberg, recently named senior vice president of plastics, also will serve as polyethylene business vice president.
* Licensing head Chris Gann now will be business director of high and low density polyethylene.
* Roger Schwartz is business director of solution PE, which includes linear LDPE.
* Juan Luciano has been given a full slate as business vice president of polypropylene, polystyrene, ABS, polycarbonate and compounding products.
* Peter Davies is business vice president of specialty polymers.
* Pat Dawson is business vice president of polyurethanes and systems.
* Patrick Ho is business vice president of epoxy products and intermediates.
* Polystyrene business Vice President Clay Dunn now will serve as vice president of purchasing for the overall firm.
* Polyolefins and elastomers research and development director Kurt Swogger has been named R&D director for plastics.
Luciano, Schwartz and Gann all will report to Kreinberg. Ho, Dawson and Davies all will report to Phil Cook, recently named senior vice president of performance chemicals/thermosets.
The moves are part of a continued reshaping of Dow's personnel base that was begun in December by Andrew Liveris.
Liveris assumed the president's role at Dow in early November, taking over for William Stavropoulos, who remains Dow's chairman and chief executive officer.