Small injection press builder Dr. Boy GmbH will display six machines at its K 2004 booth.
Seven more Boy machines will mold parts at partner companies at the show.
Boy will focus on how its presses, which top out at 100 tons of clamping force, are designed for diverse applications.
The Fernthal-based company also continues to highlight automation.
Klaus Geimer, director of sales and marketing, said Boy's focused strategy works well in the current plastics economy ``because of the pressure that price increases have had on more and more users these days.''
Boy's K show stand will feature:
* A 100-ton press molding PET preforms. The press can turn out 1,100 preforms an hour, but Boy has built in flexibility to produce smaller batch sizes in a more economical way than larger presses from competitors. Boy presses can turn out preforms for bottles with a maximum volume of 21/2 liters.
* A 601/2-ton Boy will mold screw-on caps on an eight-cavity mold. The Boy 55 A will be equipped with a double-pump hydraulic system that allows for simultaneous movements of the ejector and clamp opening.
An electric screw drive means that metering also can take place at the same time.
* A compact, 381/2-ton press will demonstrate in-mold decorating by making printed film. All auxiliary equipment will be installed on the machine's frame: a six-axis robot, grappling arm, a double film magazine, an ionization unit for the film and the scales for the final quality check.
* Another 381/2-tonner will demonstrate the Simplex TandemMould technology by molding a container and lid -and injecting the material into the container through the lid mold. Using the special mold increases production capacity by about 50 percent, the company said.
* A 24-ton Boy, equipped with a stuffing device, will run parts from solid silicone, which Boy calls an easier-to-use, lower-priced alternative to two-component liquid silicone.
* Saving the smallest for last, Boy will run a 14-ton press molding tiny gears for watches - two gears at a time, with each one weighing just 0.001 gram. Watch closely or you'll miss it. Boy thinks this will be smallest shot size at K.