A small plant owned by Rotomold LLC burned completely Jan. 27 in a blaze that local firefighters said they had no chance of containing.
The Manchester-based rotational molder had operated from the 11,000-square-foot facility for about 10 years, said Chief Jack Klaus of the Manchester Volunteer Fire Department. The plant employed about five people, none of whom were injured, he said.
The fire spread quickly through the steel structure, and part of the roof already had collapsed by the time the volunteer force arrived, Klaus added. The fire burned for six hours, he said. No surrounding buildings were affected.
A fire marshal had not determined the cause of the blaze, Klaus said. Rotomold officials could not be reached by phone to discuss the plant's status.
The plant, formerly known as Manchester Rotational Molding and KannFab Inc., made livestock watering tanks and industrial products.