The Plastics Hall of Fame will grow by eight tonight in Chicago. New inductees are:
* Peter Bemis of Bemis Manufacturing Co.
* Pak-Wing Chum of Dow Chemical Co.
* Dieter Freitag, who developed polycarbonate for CDs at Bayer.
* Jack Koenig, a pioneer in spectroscopy.
* Gottfried Mehnert, co-founder of Bekum Maschinenfabriken GmbH.
* Georg Menges, longtime leader of the IKV Institute for Plastics Processing in Aachen, Germany.
* Robert Schad, founder of Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd.
* Jack Welch, retired CEO of General Electric Co.
The Hall of Fame celebration is set for tonight, June 19, at the Grand Ballroom of the Chicago Hilton and Towers. See Page 12 story for more details and ticket information.
Profiles of all eight Hall of Fame inductees begin on Page 9.