PolyOne's customers have spoken - and the result is a series of new products that the Avon Lake, Ohio-based compounding and distribution giant unveiled at NPE 2006.
``Our goal is simple,'' PolyOne Corp. (Booth S2542) marketing communications director David Honeycutt said in a recent news release. ``We intend to be better at listening to customers and responding to their needs than anyone else in this industry, period.''
The new entries that PolyOne brings to NPE 2006 include:
* Edgetek XT-brand high-performance polycarbonate/polyester alloys to fill specific performance gaps in strength, durability, chemical resistance and other areas.
* OnFlex-V-brand thermoplastic vulcanizates that incorporate cross-linked rubber to deliver improved compression set, chemical resistance and elevated service temperature performance.
* OnFlex-S-brand styrenic block copolymers for soft overmolded adhesion to PC, ABS and nylon.
* PProTint-brand and PProTint Plus-brand colorants for tinting and improving transparency of polypropylene for food packaging and other uses.
* Geon-brand chlorinated PVC for high-temperature applications such as injection molded pipe fittings and extruded vinyl windows. Geon CPVC also is available in a clear grade.
PolyOne ranks as North America's largest compounder with an overall market share estimated at 12 percent. The firm posted sales of about $2.5 billion in 2005.