CHICAGO (June 27, 2 p.m. EDT) — PolyOne's customers have spoken — and the result is a series of new products that the Avon Lake, Ohio-based compounding and distribution giant unveiled at NPE 2006.
“Our goal is simple,” PolyOne Corp. marketing communications director David Honeycutt said in a recent news release. “We intend to be better at listening to customers and responding to their needs than anyone else in this industry, period.”
The new entries that PolyOne displayed NPE 2006 include:
* Edgetek XT-brand high-performance polycarbonate/polyester alloys to fill specific performance gaps in strength, durability, chemical resistance and other areas.
* OnFlex-V-brand thermoplastic vulcanizates that incorporate cross-linked rubber to deliver improved compression set, chemical resistance and elevated service temperature performance.
* OnFlex-S-brand styrenic block copolymers for soft overmolded adhesion to PC, ABS and nylon.
* PProTint-brand and PPro-Tint Plus-brand colorants for tinting and improving transparency of polypropylene for food packaging and other uses.
* Geon-brand chlorinated PVC for high-temperature applications such as injection molded pipe fittings and extruded vinyl windows. Geon CPVC also is available in a clear grade.
PolyOne ranks as North America's largest compounder with an overall market share estimated at 12 percent. The firm posted sales of about $2.5 billion in 2005.