K-Tron Process Group of Pitman, N.J., offers a new model of its Colormax Multi Weigh gravimetric blender, which uses K-Tron's Posimax feeder for blending and synchronized, screwless feeding for up to four different materials.
Posimax feeders have a vertical rotating disc that creates a product lock-up zone, so the unit conveys material smoothly from the storage hopper to the discharge outlet. K-Tron said that synchronized feeding of all the materials ensures a constant blend, avoiding layering and the need for an additional mixing device.
K-Tron also has expanded the range of the Posimax line, with the B350, which can feed up to 2,750 pounds of material an hour. The other size, the B200, can turn out up to 220 pounds an hour.
The company also exhibited a new model of its Multi Flow volumetric blender, which also uses Posimax feeders and the rotating disc technology.
In other news, K-Tron:
* Introduced K-Vision, an operator interface with a 10.4-inch color touch screen, that runs up to 16 feeders in a single process line. The user can view multiple pages on one feeder, or a single page on multiple feeders. K-Vision is available in several languages, including Chinese and Japanese.
* Expanded its Bulk Solids Pump feeder line, by adding two models BSP-135 and the BSP-150-P. K-Tron offers both volumetric and gravimetric versions of each.
* Rolled out the next generation of SmartConnex feeder controls, called the K-Tron Control Module. The KCM integrates the control and the motor-drive modules directly on the feeder. An option allows remote mounting. The unit can be used with all three remote K-Tron control panels: the KSU II for one feeder at a time, the KSL Line Control for up to eight feeders and the KSC SmartCommander, a personal computer-based interface for up to 30 feeders, in multiple process lines.
* Introduced the PCS batch weigh vacuum receiver, which uses a single vacuum source to batch multiple materials into a common weigh vessel.
* Released the B175 Micro Feeder, designed to dose down a few granules at a time and up to 6.6 pounds an hour.
Tel. 856-589-0500, fax 856-582-3937, [email protected]