Our Automotive Market Special Report includes the following stories:
* The amount of business up for grabs in automotive is huge, as customers seek to transfer hefty contracts in search of stability. Page 9.
* The latest Viper glided into the North American International Auto Show sporting a hood made of sheet molding compound, which continues to find new uses. Page 9.
* In a Q&A, Richard Newsted, president and CEO of Meridian Automotive Systems Inc., discusses the injection molder's emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Page 10.
* Changes are under way in automotive seating, as Johnson Controls unveils its new "slim seat." Page 12.
* LEDs, which have been used in brake lights for years, also are becoming standard for interior lighting. Page 13.