MKS Ion Industrial said its virtual AC intelligent static neutralizer eliminates static charges on PET bottles so they stay in place on moving conveyor lines.
The high-performance static bars are positioned as far away as 1 foot.
Operators can monitor performance in real time through lighted indicators located on the control module.
In other product news, a new electrostatic charging generator is designed for web-converting operations such as:
* Electrostatically tacking the leading edge of the film web to the core in winding-roll change¼overs, without the use of adhesive tape.
* Temporary bonding of two webs together for lamination.
* Compressing plastic bags.
* Pinning heat-shrink wrapping before it is sent to the oven.
* Interlayer adhesion by bipolar charging of the web before roll winding, for telescoping control.
MKS Ion Industrial is based in Windsor Locks, Conn.
Tel. 888-310-3334, e-mail [email protected]