(July 2, 2007) — Now that summer is here, it's time again for Plastics News to seek nominations for our Processor of the Year Award.
Based on seven criteria, the award honors a North American plastics processor for its performance, corporate responsibility and overall excellence. Sound like your company or one you know? Then by all means, send those nominations in!
This is the 12th year for the award, which is open to all companies — public or private — or corporate operating divisions engaged in North American plastics processing for at least five years.
Deadline for entries is Oct. 19.
To nominate a company — your own, a customer's or a supplier's — submit an entry form and a letter briefly explaining why the company deserves the award. Include examples of performance such as innovative employee programs, community involvement, industry support or exceptional operation in any area.
The form is available online at www.plasticsnews.com/nominate. Hard-copy versions of the nomination form also will be available at PN's booth during several upcoming trade shows. Those forms may be submitted to Processor of the Year, Plastics News, 1725 Merriman Road, Akron, Ohio, 44313, or faxed to 330-836-2322.
Again this year, senior reporter Bill Bregar is coordinating the award. He can be reached at 330-865-6158 or e-mail [email protected]
A team of judges from PN's editorial staff, with help from Ernst & Young, will pick the finalists and eventual winner from eligible nominees.
The seven criteria are: financial performance, quality, customer relations, employee relations, environmental performance, industry and public service, and technological innovation.
The winner will join a distinguished group. In addition to Mack Molding Co. of Arlington, Vt., last year, past winners are:
* U.S. Farathane Corp. of Sterling Heights, Mich.
* Miniature Precision Components Inc. of Walworth, Wis.
* Jarden Plastic Solutions of Greer, S.C., formerly Unimark Plastics.
* Precise Technology Inc. of North Versailles, Pa., now part of Rexam plc.
* Tech Group Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz., now part of West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
* Cascade Engineering Inc. of Grand Rapids, Mich.
* Tessy Plastics Corp. of Elbridge, N.Y.
* Royal Group Technologies Ltd. of Woodbridge, Ontario, now part of Georgia Gulf Corp.
* Courtesy Corp. of Buffalo Grove, Ill., now part of Rexam.
* Nypro Inc. of Clinton, Mass.
* Bryan Custom Plastics of Bryan, Ohio, now part of Plastech Engineered Products Inc.
Finalists will be named in a story in Plastics News. But we will keep the winner a secret until the next Plastics News Executive Forum, set for March 9-12 in Tampa, Fla. Ernst & Young Corporate Finance (Canada) Inc. will co-sponsor the award and reception at the Executive Forum.
Ernst & Young Corporate Finance (Canada) Inc. will co-sponsor the award and reception at the Executive Forum.