* Aug. 19, 2003: Two people were killed and two seriously injured when an employee opened fire at an Andover Industries Inc. automotive injection molding plant in Andover, Ohio. Police said the gunman, who committed suicide, was upset because of a dispute over vacation time.
* Dec. 6, 2001: Two people were killed and six injured after an employee opened fire in Nu-Wood Decorative Millwork Inc.'s facility in Goshen, Ind. The suspect was found dead after a standoff with police. He had been fired from the plant earlier that day.
* June 5, 1997: An employee killed two people and wounded four at Omni Plastics Inc. in Santa Fe Springs, Calif., before turning the gun on himself. A company spokesman said the gunman accused co-workers at the custom extruder of gossiping about his sexual orientation.
* April 18, 1995: A Marshall, Texas, man was charged with attempted murder after police said he shot a former supervisor and held a manufacturing director hostage. The situation arose following an argument at Carthage Cup Co.'s plastic cup, plate and bowl manufacturing plant.
* July 29, 1981: Two executives were fatally shot and three other employees wounded at Crescent Plastics Co.'s custom extrusion plant in Evansville, Ind., by a former machinist who threatened revenge after being fired. The gunman was wounded in a shootout with police before he was arrested.