(July 14, 2008) — Attention, plastics companies: If you're looking to get into the industry's version of the All-Star Game, Plastics News is seeking nominations for its Processor of the Year Award.
Now in its 13th year, the award honors a North American plastics processor for its performance, corporate responsibility and overall excellence.
The competition is open to all companies — public or private — or operating divisions that have been engaged in plastics processing in North America for at least five years.
The deadline for entries is Oct. 24.
You can nominate your own company, a customer or a supplier. Simply submit an entry form and a letter briefly explaining why the company deserves the award.
The nomination form is available online at www.plasticsnews.com/nominate.
Also, hard-copy versions of the form will be available at Plastics News' booth during several upcoming trade shows. Those forms may be submitted to Processor of the Year, Plastics News, 1725 Merriman Road, Akron, Ohio, 44313, or faxed to 330-836-2322.
Again this year, senior reporter Bill Bregar is coordinating the award. He can be reached at tel. 330-865-6158 or e-mail [email protected].
A team of judges from Plastics News' editorial staff, with help from Blaige & Co. LLC of Chicago, will pick finalists and the eventual winner from among eligible nominees.
The seven criteria are: financial performance, quality, customer relations, employee relations, environmental performance, industry/public service and technological innovations.
The winner will join a distinguished group. Last year's winner was Innovative Injection Technologies Inc. of West Des Moines, Iowa. Past winners are:
* Mack Molding Co. of Arlington, Vt.
* U.S. Farathane Corp. of Sterling Heights, Mich.
* Miniature Precision Components Inc. of Walworth, Wis.
* Jarden Plastic Solutions of Greer, S.C. (formerly Unimark Plastics)
* Precise Technology Inc. of North Versailles, Pa. (now part of Rexam plc)
* Tech Group Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz. (now part of West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.)
* Cascade Engineering Inc. of Grand Rapids, Mich.
* Tessy Plastics Corp. of Elbridge, N.Y.
* Royal Group Technologies Ltd. of Woodbridge, Ontario (now part of Georgia Gulf Corp.)
* Courtesy Corp. of Buffalo Grove, Ill. (also now part of Rexam)
* Nypro Inc. of Clinton, Mass.
* Bryan Custom Plastics of Bryan, Ohio (acquired by Plastech Engineered Products Inc. and now owned by Johnson Controls Inc.)
Finalists will be named in a story in Plastics News. But the winner will not be revealed until the next Plastics News Executive Forum, set for March 1-4 in Summerlin, Nev.
Blaige & Co. will co-sponsor the award and reception at the forum.