Sigma Plastics Group continued to add capacity while Alfred Teo Sr. was incarcerated. The firm acquired the customs film plant of Allied Extruders of Long Island City, N.Y., in 2007 and spending $25 million on new machinery and warehousing during the fiscal year at several of its 14 subsidiaries. Those units operate 33 plants in North America and another in Chile.
Other expansions by the Lyndhurst company during that time include:
* Sigma Stretch Corp.'s plant in Tulsa, Okla., received one cast film line and one blown film line, both from Davis-Standard LLC.
* Poly Plastic Products Inc. got five new lines in Delano, Pa., with a 32,000-square-foot plant expansion, and expanded its Marshville, N.C., facility by 50,000 square feet.
* Republic Bag Inc. received five new film lines, including a high density line, in Corona, Calif.
* Coastal Films of Florida got unspecified machinery in Jacksonville, Fla.
* Sigma built Epsilon Plastics Inc. a new 28,000-square-foot plant for a co-extrusion line in Spartanburg, S.C.