Joe Klunk is president and chief executive officer of Parkway Products Inc., a Florence, Ky.-based leader in custom molding technologies. He has been with Parkway for 23 years and is responsible for the overall performance of Parkway's three global business units.
Parkway (www.parkwayproducts.com) has a broad range of capabilities, with the ability to process volume and high-performance thermoplastics, thermosets, magnesium alloys, polyurethanes and elastomers. It also can perform hand lay-up, vacuum bag, autoclave, resin transfer and compression molding of aerospace polymer matrix composites.
During Klunk's tenure at Parkway, the 63-year-old company has grown from a single location to eight factories across the United States and Mexico. While in charge of the firm, he has orchestrated six acquisitions, a joint venture and start-up of three greenfield plants.
His acquisitions have included:
* aerospace products business from Lord & Co. in 1991
* injection molded thermoplastics and tooling business from Industrial Tooling Services Inc. in 1996
* injection molded thermoplastics business from Dynacast Inc. in 1997
* tooling business from JIT Tool Inc. in 2000
* high-performance injection molded thermoplastics business from Solvay Advanced Polymers LLC in 2004.
Then, in 2006, Klunk led a management buyout of the company from the founding Willig family with Oxford Financial Group.
He is a graduate of Miami University in Ohio and has an MBA from Xavier University. Prior to joining Parkway, he was a certified public accountant with Deloitte & Touche.