Three rights and a Wright weren't wrong for Dow Chemical Co. at NPE2009.
Dow is right here, right now and right for our customers, said Glenn Wright, commercial vice president of Dow's North American basic plastics unit.
Ten equipment makers ran Dow polyethylene materials on their machines at the recent Chicago show, including Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd., Pavan Zanetti Indústria Metalúrgica Ltda. and Jenn Chong Plastics Machinery Works Co. Ltd.
Although Dow did not exhibit at NPE, the firm sponsored the Society of Plastics Engineers' concurrent Antec 2009 conference and was a major sponsor of the sustainability sector in the emerging technology pavilion.
Dow also is commercializing a number of new products:
* Two grades of Continuum-brand HDPE for blow molded bottles, drums and other large blow molded parts.
* Two grades of Dowlex-brand linear LDPE.
* Two grades of Attane-brand ultra-low density LDPE.
* A new grade of LDPE designed for increased throughput in blown film applications.
* New grades of Inspire high-clarity polypropylene for thermoforming.
* New developmental grades of impact copolymer PP for injection molding uses.
* Its Health-Plus brand of specialty polymers for rigid packaging and health and hygiene uses.
Copyright 2009 Crain Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.