How'd you like a peek inside Newell Rubbermaid Inc.'s big injection molding plant in Mogadore, Ohio? The Akron Beacon Journal has an informative profile of the plant, plus a gallery of photos from the factory, on the Ohio.com Web site. Business reporter Betty Lin-Fisher provides these details on the plant, its products, and what's new:
- The plant, which is spread out over five buildings, is keeping busy making food storage containers -- including the firm's Easy Find Lids products. About 70 percent of the plant's output is for food storage containers and about 30 percent for home organization products.
- The complex has 350,000 square feet of factory space and 500,000 square feet for product distribution.
- Mogadore employs 600 full-time and 200 temporary employees. The plant runs 24 hours, with 12-hour-long shifts.
- The plant molds more than 1 million products a day.
- The plant had 74 injection molding presses, but by the middle of next month it will have 80. The plant is adding some molding work from a Graco factory in nearby Macedonia, Ohio.