What color is "Giggle"? Or, for that matter, Bluff, Sharkskin, Joker, Orinoco or Cayman? I get a kick out of the new colors that designers create, and the names and desriptions they attach to them. Here's a list that came today from Bayer MaterialScience LLC. Check out the names and descriptions, and see if you can match them up with the photo below. I'll post the cutline for the photo in the blog comments section, so you can see how you did:
- Bluff - This velvety, pinkish-tan hue provides depth and richness to auto interiors. The Bayblend LGX300 polycarbonate/acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (PC/ABS) blend plastic used with this color is a low-gloss resin that draws in automotive designers with its high-end appearance.
- Sharkskin - Bathed in silvery-gray, this is a cool, sleek and modern shade. Auto interiors will appear streamlined and smooth when draped in this hue. For this color, OEMs also turn to Bayblend LGX300 PC/ABS blend plastic for its good mar and scratch resistance qualities.
- Joker - Take a splash of whimsy and add in a pinch of mischief, and you have Joker: a playful purple created in flame retarded Bayblend PC/ABS blend plastic for electronic device housings which are often used in homes and offices.
- Orinoco - This moody green color takes you right to the depths of the jungle. Developed in flame retarded Bayblend PC/ABS blend plastic, this verdant shade complements interiors and is following the latest fashion trends for the housings of electrical and electronic devices.
- Cayman - A deep blue, the shade of the warm waters of a spring break spent in the Caribbean. This bright, chromatic shade of azure will be a pleasant addition to many consumer products. Makrolon 2405 polycarbonate plastic, which is often used in consumer products, is the "workhorse" of plastic resins - a higher performing material that includes improved flowability for increased design flexibility.
- Giggle - Like the soda bubbles that tickle your nose, this lighthearted orange hue will tickle any designer's fancy. This shade was also designed in Makrolonˆ® 2405 polycarbonate plastic resin, which features a broad processing window that permits faster cycling and higher productivity.