Gammaflux LP introduced several software enhancements to its line of TTC hot-runner temperature control systems at K 2010.
The Sterling, Va.-based company said the improvements help injection molders safely start up and shut down hot-runner tools, detect material leakage and prevent damage, and easily access important drawings and reports.
When the market shrinks, you have to find a way to differentiate yourself from the competition in order to make that sale, said Mike Brostedt, director of market development for the company, which touts itself as the world's leading supplier of hot-runner temperature control systems.
So all the products we're talking about are aimed at helping customers solve a problem and be more productive, Brostedt said.
Software enhancements to the Gammaflux TTC line of hot-runner temperature controllers include:
* Sequence start for automated, safe, controlled heat-up of hot-runner system to desired set point. The feature helps avoid damaging hot runners as a result of trying to heat up the hot-runner system in the wrong sequence.
* Even Cool for automated, safe, controlled cool-down of hot-runner system, which prevents material leaks.
* PDF viewer for importing any PDF document into controller.
* Programmable PDF report generation for up to one-year storage of key reports on controller.
* Watt alarm automatic set point calculation for easier leak detection.
* Copy output function for sending the same output from one control zone to additional zones.