Leadership and lessons on building great companies will be the theme when previous Plastics News Processor of the Year Award winners compare notes and share best practices at PN's Executive Forum, set for March 6-9 in Las Vegas.
The alumni gathering on the occasion of the presentation of the 15th POY Award will bring together senior officials of some of the most successful plastics product-making firms in the country in an interactive discussion led by consultant Gerald Bell.
Bell, founder and CEO of Bell Leadership Institute in Chapel Hill, N.C., will get things started the day before when he hosts a separate four-hour workshop on how to build great companies by leading well. The forum officially kicks off the following morning with a 90-minute session that examines methods to help executives increase their managerial effectiveness, with brief breakout discussions led by the former POY award winners.
The Processor of the Year award, a centerpiece of the forum, will mark its 15th anniversary by crowning its latest winner. This year will also see a new honor, the PN Excellence Awards, with winners including Pelican Products Inc., a Torrance, Calif.-based injection molder and rotational molder, and DeKalb Molded Plastics Co., a Butler, Ind., injection molder.
The following officials have confirmed their intention to represent previous POY-award-winning firms during this session:
* Jim Brost, CEO, MPC Inc.
* Tom Duffey, president/CEO, Plastics Components Inc.
* Andrew Greenlee, president/CEO, U.S. Farathane Corp.
* Bob Janeczko, CEO, and Josh Janeczko, president, Innovative Injection Technologies Inc.
* Ted Lapres, president/CEO, Nypro Inc.
* Brenan Riehl, president/CEO, GW Plastics Inc.
* Mike Treadaway, vice president/general manager of North American health-care contract manufacturing, Tech Group.
* Chuck Villa, president, Jarden Plastic Solutions (which acquired award-winner Unimark Plastics).
Bell, a professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School and a 38-year veteran of leadership consulting, drew rave reviews for his presentation at PN's 2010 Executive Forum in Tampa, Fla.; attendees said they wished Bell had been given more time. This session will offer practical take-away ideas for executives from all types and sizes of companies, regardless of their markets or processes.
See the full forum agenda or register at plasticsnews.com/forum2011.