Film equipment maker Gloucester Engineering Co. has hired 25 employees at its Gloucester headquarters since the low point of mid-2010, and the company plays to hire more workers during the first half of 2011, according to an official with investor Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC.
New employees include 20 technicians, several engineers and other people in professional positions. Several are returning former employees.
We're pleased to ramp up our existing staff with some new and returning faces, Gloucester's operations vice president, Amanda Oelschlegel, said in Jan. 24 news release.
It's been a challenging year for our company, but we're poised to continue our tradition of technical and service excellence.
Blue Wolf, a New York private equity firm, owns 95 percent of the machinery maker, which emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy Dec. 31. The remaining 5 percent is owned by a group of unsecured creditors designated critical vendors.
Gloucester Engineering now employs 87, Blue Wolf partner Michael Ranson said in an e-mail. That workforce includes 48 salaried employees, 35 plant-floor employees and four people in international positions, he said.
We expect the company will continue to hire during the first half of 2011, Ranson said.