PolyOne Corp. chose the recent Chinaplas show in Guangzhou for the global launch and the Asian launch of its latest products.
The Avon Lake, Ohio-based compounder unveiled its Stat-Tech NT carbon nanotube compounds for the first time, including formulations based on acetal, polyetheretherketone, polyetherimide and polycarbonate. Stat-Tech NT is developed and produced in Asia, but PolyOne plans to make its offerings available globally.
Stat-Tech NT offers consistent electrostatic-discharge protection and high purity with no loss of the mechanical properties that are required for applications such as electronic-media storage, integrated circuit packaging, and semiconductor devices, said Eng Guan Soh, general manager of PolyOne Engineered Materials Asia.
PolyOne also made a global debut of its Geon SF superior- flow rigid vinyl, which is specifically formulated to expand the processing window and design flexibility of rigid vinyl. It can achieve a 25 percent improvement in melt flow, 75 percent improvement in thermal stability, and reduced shear burning compared to standard injection molding vinyl compounds.
These improved characteristics allow original equipment manufacturers to select vinyl for applications that previously required more expensive engineered thermoplastics, including laundry housings, decorative railing spindles, molded polymer shake siding, medical-device housings, and other large or thin-walled applications. Geon SF formulated polymers are globally available.
PolyOne also introduced the following products for the first time in Asia at this region's largest plastics trade show:
* OnColor Complete liquid color solutions. They combine integral metering technology with refillable, returnable containers in a first-of-its-kind, closed-loop system.
* ECCOH Solar-T LSFOH compounds, additive and colorant solutions for photovoltaics. The family of products meets or exceeds performance, weatherability and regulatory requirements for photovoltaic components such as back-sheet laminates and wire.
In addition, the company highlighted:
* OnCap ultraviolet protection functional additive for use in PC sheet applications in China's fast-growing building and construction market. The additive concentrate is produced at PolyOne's manufacturing facilities in Shanghai and Shenzhen.
* OnColor HC Plus, a new line of USP Class VI-certified colorants for the health-care industry in Asia. The product is pre-certified to meet or exceed ISO 10993 and USP Class VI requirements in seven different medical-grade resin carriers as well as liquid.
* The new Versaflex FFC 2882-87 grade thermoplastic elastomer that meets both China's regulatory requirement GB4806.1-94 and U.S. Food and Drug Administration n-hexane extraction requirements. Additional grades that comply with both Chinese and U.S. fatty-food contact requirements currently are under development.
* Three new grades in OnFlex HFFR 300 non-halogenated flame-retardant TPE series. These materials meet the toughest performance and environmental standards for AC and DC power cables and accessories.
* The new OnCap CTR performance additive, which can help reduce cycle time by 30 percent or more for injection molding applications.